Fortress Ewood
Please Log In or Register to view the full content of the Forum, including latest Rovers news, other football news, Live Links to Rovers Matches, Streaming Movies and TV Shows etc.

The Last Film I Watched Was....

Page 11 of 20 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 15 ... 20  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: The Last Film I Watched Was....

Post by glosterrover on Sun Feb 26, 2012 2:35 pm

And that bloody silent black and white tosh will sweep the boards,i can appreciate it from an artistic standpoint but anybody can mug to the camera when they don't have to say owt,and they all get upstaged by the bloody dog anyway......utter shite
glosterrover
Champions League
Champions League

Number of posts : 7789
Registration date : 2010-08-05
Location : oxfordshire strangely,but as they say you can take the boy out of......

Back to top Go down

Post by Willy on Sun Feb 26, 2012 4:08 pm

Never been a fan of award ceremonies, to be honest. :/

Admin

Number of posts : 9875
Registration date : 2008-11-01

Back to top Go down

Post by arover on Mon Feb 27, 2012 10:18 am

glosterrover wrote:And that bloody silent black and white tosh will sweep the boards,i can appreciate it from an artistic standpoint but anybody can mug to the camera when they don't have to say owt,and they all get upstaged by the bloody dog anyway......utter shite

Well The Artist did take best picture, no surprise there really. It does seem to be one that divides opinion, the majority of my friends agreed with me that it was clever and that there was merit in what they had done but riveting or a best picture winning film? Never. A couple of people I know however were entranced with it and saw it twice and I'm sure would fully agree with its awards.

I reckon that this year was by no means a vintage one and that of the 10 films nominated for best picture Extremely Loud & Incredibly Close was the best closely followed by Midnight In Paris. The Tree Of Life & War Horse were both a bag of shite.
arover
Premiership
Premiership

Number of posts : 3649
Registration date : 2008-10-10

Back to top Go down

Post by arover on Mon Feb 27, 2012 10:21 am

Somewhere 2010

Sofia Coppola directed movie concerning itself with the life of a film star (Stephen Dorff) with an aimless life lived in some LA hotel. He's presented with a bit of a challenge when his 11 year old daughter is entrusted to him unexpectedly. Quite slow moving at times but there is a reason for this and full of interesting observations.

arover
Premiership
Premiership

Back to top Go down

Post by arover on Tue Feb 28, 2012 3:41 pm

A Better Life 2011

Los Angeles, illegal Mexican immigrant working as a gardener to support himself and his 14 year old son (mother long gone). An honest man fighting a losing battle against the odds as he finds out when he invests money his sister lends him in his own truck which is quickly stolen by the guy employed to work with him for the day. Meanwhile the pressure to join a gang is being felt by the son who begins to lose respect for his father. Quite a grim tale, you do not want to be this guy. Demian Bichir was nominated for best actor in a leading role here too.

arover
Premiership
Premiership

Back to top Go down

Post by arover on Thu Mar 01, 2012 2:14 pm

Burlesque 2010

Vehicle for Christine Aguillera and Cher, flimsy storyline but great choreography with loads of fit women and horny costumes. This film confirmed for me just how talented and attractive Christine Aguillera really is. After a while the storyline was irrelevant the enjoyent all came from the spectacle. I can see how some of the critics may have panned this but I actually quite enjoyed it.

arover
Premiership
Premiership

Back to top Go down

Post by StLedge on Thu Mar 01, 2012 2:26 pm

Probably not one I would watch....any scope for a box of tissues?
StLedge
Admin

Number of posts : 10904
Registration date : 2008-10-06

Back to top Go down

Post by glosterrover on Thu Mar 01, 2012 6:44 pm

You just can't help yourself can you Laughing
glosterrover
Champions League
Champions League

Location : oxfordshire strangely,but as they say you can take the boy out of......

Back to top Go down

Post by arover on Fri Mar 02, 2012 8:17 am

From Paris With Love 2010

John Travolta & Jonathon Rhys Meyers (Henry VIII in the Tudors) you can both do better than this. An absurd tale of thwarting terrorists in Paris sees Travolta wasting almost every ethnic under the sun with a gasping Rhys Meyers in tow. Possibly the height of absurdity is reached when Travolta shoots the female dinner guest at Rhys Meyer's gaff in the head because guess what? He realises she's a terrorist. There's action movies and there's action movies and then there's this rhino dung.

arover
Premiership
Premiership

Back to top Go down

Post by Willy on Fri Mar 02, 2012 6:03 pm

arover wrote:From Paris With Love 2010

John Travolta & Jonathon Rhys Meyers (Henry VIII in the Tudors) you can both do better than this. An absurd tale of thwarting terrorists in Paris sees Travolta wasting almost every ethnic under the sun with a gasping Rhys Meyers in tow. Possibly the height of absurdity is reached when Travolta shoots the female dinner guest at Rhys Meyer's gaff in the head because guess what? He realises she's a terrorist. There's action movies and there's action movies and then there's this rhino dung.

Lol. I saw this months ago and forgot to rant about it. It's possibly the shittest waste of time ever released. I dislike Travolta more and more as time goes on. The other wank (but not quite as wank as From Paris) film he's done in recent years is that Pelham 123 movie, which for some reason I've seen about four times now. All he does is say "motherfucker!" all the way through it. He's such an annoying pleb.

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by glosterrover on Fri Mar 02, 2012 9:00 pm

He could do with a tyro director resurrecting his career....Tarantino maybe,oh hang on Wink
glosterrover
Champions League
Champions League

Back to top Go down

Post by arover on Sun Mar 04, 2012 9:54 am

Willy wrote:
arover wrote:From Paris With Love 2010

Lol. I saw this months ago and forgot to rant about it. It's possibly the shittest waste of time ever released. I dislike Travolta more and more as time goes on. The other wank (but not quite as wank as From Paris) film he's done in recent years is that Pelham 123 movie, which for some reason I've seen about four times now. All he does is say "motherfucker!" all the way through it. He's such an annoying pleb.

Nobble. Very Happy
arover
Premiership
Premiership

Back to top Go down

Post by arover on Sun Mar 04, 2012 9:58 am

Warrior 2011

Cage fighting caper that's actually pretty well done even if the storyline is more far fetched than one which involves me debuting for Rovers and plundering a brace in a game that saves them from relegation. The fight scenes are pretty convincing and all three main parts are played with distinction. Nick Nolte was nominated for best supporting actor here in his role as the reformed alcoholic father still despised by his two sons who are both more than handy scrappers. Mrs Rover normally hates fighting films but she stayed with this one which must say something.

arover
Premiership
Premiership

Back to top Go down

Post by RTM08 on Sun Mar 04, 2012 10:34 am

Pulp Fiction cheers

No Description needed Very Happy
RTM08
Premiership
Premiership

Number of posts : 5935
Registration date : 2009-02-15

http://www.hawx.comxa.com

Back to top Go down

Post by glosterrover on Sun Mar 04, 2012 2:52 pm

So,Venkys have signed arover........we won't get relegated now cheers
glosterrover
Champions League
Champions League

Back to top Go down

Post by arover on Sun Mar 04, 2012 4:06 pm

glosterrover wrote:So,Venkys have signed arover........we won't get relegated now cheers

I was better than Goodwillie in my pomp.

affraid affraid affraid
arover
Premiership
Premiership

Back to top Go down

Post by Willy on Sun Mar 04, 2012 7:02 pm

arover wrote:Warrior 2011

Cage fighting caper that's actually pretty well done even if the storyline is more far fetched than one which involves me debuting for Rovers and plundering a brace in a game that saves them from relegation. The fight scenes are pretty convincing and all three main parts are played with distinction. Nick Nolte was nominated for best supporting actor here in his role as the reformed alcoholic father still despised by his two sons who are both more than handy scrappers. Mrs Rover normally hates fighting films but she stayed with this one which must say something.

I liked it, too. Ending was a bit weak, though.

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by arover on Tue Mar 06, 2012 10:49 am

My Week With Marilyn 2011

A week spent with Marilyn Monroe whilst she was filming a light comedy in England at Pinewood studios under the direction of Larry Olivier. Somehow a young 24year old 3rd director endears himself to her and becomes her confidant and lover (almost) whilst she's there. I enjoyed this supposedly based on a true story it entertains and to some extent enlightens, Marilyn mixed up or what? Michelle Williams was nominated for this portrayal and she's pretty godd as is Eddie Redmayne as the young man. Kenneth Branagh and Judi Dench impress also as Olivier and Dame Sybil Thorndike.

Well worth a look.

arover
Premiership
Premiership

Back to top Go down

Post by arover on Sat Mar 17, 2012 12:56 pm

The Help 2011

An accurate and faithful representation of Kathryn Stockett's book which I read a few months ago. The subject matter is the plight of black domestic maids in Mississippi in the 1960s and the efforts of one white woman to get them to contribute to a book on the subject by telling of their experiences.

arover
Premiership
Premiership

Back to top Go down

Post by arover on Mon Mar 19, 2012 7:42 am

Momma's Man 2008

I don't really know where to start with this one. Filmed entirely in a dishevelled loft apartment in New York it follows the story of a son in his thirties visiting his parents and continually finding excuses not to leave. Little happens and mundane activities are focused on as well as his reversion to childhood stuff like reading comics on his bed. His wife continually calls to enquire about his return and he continues to make excuses. Mrs. Rover gave up on it and I nearly did, it's certainly hard going and I can only assume is about a male "back to the womb" thing. Enjoyment is not the word.

arover
Premiership
Premiership

Back to top Go down

Post by arover on Wed Mar 21, 2012 1:23 pm

Win Win 2011

Good one this. Hard up lawyer, client with Alzheimers, talented grandson, backdrop of wrestling and wayward mother all make for a decent enough story which almost slips into setimentality at the end. But not quite.

arover
Premiership
Premiership

Back to top Go down

Post by arover on Thu Mar 22, 2012 12:20 pm

We Bought A Zoo 2011

Matt Damon & Scarlett Johannson in this true? story about a guy whose wife dies and buys an ailing zoo with his 2 kids. Decent enough performances but I'm willing to bet a lot of money that having bought the zoo the guy did not discover a woman as fit as Scarlet shovelling shit. Most of the time this stays just on the right side of sentimentality but doesn't keep this up throughout.

arover
Premiership
Premiership

Back to top Go down

Post by Willy on Tue Mar 27, 2012 4:07 pm

Only the second time I've been to the cinema in two or three years (last time was to see Breaking Dawn, but I was invited to the premiere, didn't pay for that shit), and I saw The Hunger Games. This movie is making a LOT of money right now, and currently has an 8.1/10 rating on IMDb. I have no fucking idea how - it's shit. Overhyped, overproduced teen crap. It'd have been marginally better had they actually put some violence in it, because the whole thing is SUPPOSED to be violent, but they watered it down so they could get the 12yr olds into the theatres. Pathetic effort.

3/10

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by glosterrover on Tue Mar 27, 2012 4:56 pm

And yet the Daily Fascist says it is too violent for some teenagers........good to get a more balanced assessment Willam Wink
glosterrover
Champions League
Champions League

Back to top Go down

Post by rob_of_the_robots on Tue Mar 27, 2012 7:03 pm

Maybe Willy is just a violent man.

Champions League

Number of posts : 7840
Registration date : 2008-11-27

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down