Fortress Ewood
Please Log In or Register to view the full content of the Forum, including latest Rovers news, other football news, Live Links to Rovers Matches, Streaming Movies and TV Shows etc.

Replacements For The Sexist Pig Dogs

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Replacements For The Sexist Pig Dogs

Post by rob_of_the_robots on Wed Feb 02, 2011 6:45 pm

I don't have Sky so I'm just glad he's out of the game.

Champions League

Number of posts : 7840
Registration date : 2008-11-27

Back to top Go down

Post by glosterrover on Wed Feb 02, 2011 7:29 pm

I have sky but not the sport.....dodged a bullet cheers
glosterrover
Champions League
Champions League

Number of posts : 7789
Registration date : 2010-08-05
Location : oxfordshire strangely,but as they say you can take the boy out of......

Back to top Go down

Post by Willy on Wed Feb 02, 2011 7:54 pm

Jamie Redknapp would've been a better choice. :/

Fox/ESPN have McManaman - he's utter turd. You get the impression he knows what he's on about, but he can't put it into words due to his tiny Scouse vocabulary. And whoever the main presenter is spends most of his time wiping spittle from his cheeks.
Willy
Admin

Number of posts : 9875
Registration date : 2008-11-01

Back to top Go down

Post by OldhamRover on Wed Feb 02, 2011 8:53 pm

Jamie Redknapp is crap. Neville can't do worse in terms of the words his says, but the sound of the words in his voice is enough to leave me longing for a Spanish guy scream "GOOOOOOOOOLLLLLLLLLLL".

Premiership
Premiership

Number of posts : 5445
Registration date : 2008-10-26

Back to top Go down

Post by RTM08 on Tue Feb 08, 2011 7:51 pm

Former Sky Sports football presenters Andy Gray and Richard Keys have moved to radio station Talksport.

The pair's tenure at the satellite TV sports channel ended after they made controversial off-air remarks about a female assistant referee.

Mr Gray was sacked and Mr Keys resigned after the comments were broadcast, prompting a row over sexism.

They will host a three-hour show from Monday to Friday on the commercial speech station.

The row that led to their departure from Sky Sports followed comments by the two presenters about the presence of female assistant referee Sian Massey.

Believing their microphones were off, the two men agreed female officials "don't know the offside rule".

Following the move to Talksport, Mr Gray - a former footballer - said it was an "ideal opportunity" to "do what we do best, and that's talk about sport".

And Mr Keys said it was "the start of something new and exciting".
----------------------------
Talkshite Mad
RTM08
Premiership
Premiership

Number of posts : 5935
Registration date : 2009-02-15

http://www.hawx.comxa.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Roverdamus on Tue Feb 08, 2011 8:18 pm

I never listen to TalkShite anyway, so I'm not arsed.
Roverdamus
Champions League
Champions League

Number of posts : 7821
Registration date : 2008-10-26

Back to top Go down

Post by Willy on Tue Feb 08, 2011 8:25 pm

I used to listen to it in the warehouse at Argos, but that was only because the only other stations you could get were full of the shittest music.

Can't get TalkSport out here anyway, so whatever. Seems like a perfect match to me; shit station and shit pundits/presenters.
Willy
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by RTM08 on Tue Feb 08, 2011 8:28 pm

Willy wrote:Seems like a perfect match to me; shit station and shit pundits/presenters.

My thoughts exactly

Has anyone gone to sky yet?
RTM08
Premiership
Premiership

Number of posts : 5935
Registration date : 2009-02-15

http://www.hawx.comxa.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Willy on Tue Feb 08, 2011 8:32 pm

Whatever happened to Barry Venison? He was always good at punditry, but he seemed to disappear off the face of the planet.

Wonder what the odds are of Sky bagging Gary Lineker and/or Hansen, Shearer, Dixon?
Willy
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by arover on Wed Feb 09, 2011 2:18 am

Willy wrote:Whatever happened to Barry Venison? He was always good at punditry, but he seemed to disappear off the face of the planet.

Wonder what the odds are of Sky bagging Gary Lineker and/or Hansen, Shearer, Dixon?

Barry of the outrageous barnet? Oh and the glasses yes the glasses they made him appear serious and partially intellectual.

Get Eamon Dunphy with his knob hanging out.
arover
Premiership
Premiership

Number of posts : 3649
Registration date : 2008-10-10

Back to top Go down

Post by Willy on Wed Feb 09, 2011 4:03 am

Barry V was cool, I liked him. I'm trying to think of ex-footballers who I actually rate as pundits and it's so much easier to think of ones who are terrible.

Tim Sherwood - Annoying Cockney twat with no vocabulary. I struggle to even respect him as our ex-capo, to be honest.

Jamie Redknapp - Again, no vocabulary, not smart enough, annoying ties that look like liquorice, and a blinkered view of the game. It's a shame, because he's a thoroughly nice fella.

Ray Parlour - Fucking alcoholic imbecile - NEXT!!

Alan Shearer - Boring as fuck.

Lee Dixon - Relatively bright, but could never play the role that Keys did. He'd be a good replacement for Andy Gray, though. In fact he'd be friggin' awesome, because Gray was a halfwit. Fun fact about Lee Dixon; he was actually born in Burnley (behind the Tim Bobbin pub, to be specific), yet every profile you read on him it states his birthplace as "Manchester". Methinks someone doesn't want to be associated with the inbred peeps.

Paul Merson - Fuck off "daaahn touvee pab" with Parlour - cock.

Mark Lawrenson - Well, we don't really have to say anything, do we?

Ian Wright - Bright enough, entertaining, even had his own show a few years back (I kinda liked it), but too much of a loose cannon to be a frontman like Keys. Maybe he could take Gray's place, he'd be a good watch as long as SWP isn't playing.

Chris Kamara - Unlike many out there, I don't find Kamara entertaining, I feel his little 'mishaps' are so phony, and he's just a fat wanker.

Matt Le Tissier - Uhmm...he's okay, I guess. Probably not good enough to be a co-presenter, though.

Phil Thompson - Cunt. NEXT!!

Charlie Nicholas - Yes, I'm reeling off most of the Soccer Saturday team right now, but surely they're in with a chance since they already work there. However, Nicholas shouldn't even enter the mind of any sane producer/casting director, because he's an anus.

Robbie Earle - I like Robbie Earle. He's smart, he talks moderate amounts of sense, and he has a fair bit of experience via ITV. I'd give him Gray's job, anyway.

Andy Townsend - Knows a bit, speaks relatively well, but comes across as a bit of an arrogant twat, and it becomes cloying.

Ruud Gullit - Boring. And he always turns his head REALLY fast.

Les Ferdinand - Moron.

Jim Beglin - Stupid Pikey. Makes up words like "blooter" to describe goals from long-distance. Absolute garbage, shouldn't EVER get work from ANYONE.

Paul Walsh - Nob jockey.

Tony Gale - Not too bad, I don't suppose. Might be worth a shout to play Gray's old role. Has a slightly larger brain than Gray; it'd be like swapping a pea for a sprout, in terms of actual matter.

Alan McInally - More irritating than an itchy scrot.

Robbie Savage - Doesn't have a whole lot of experience of being a TV pundit, makes an arse of himself at times, but always entertaining, and...well, it's Sav.

Steve Claridge - Too opinionated to work for Sky. Would probably fit in on that Irish show that Dunphy hosts. Souness works for them, too, and they always have an argument on that show, it's awesome. Also, Claridge is a bit of a spaz sometimes.

John Barnes - Talks too fast, and his head takes up a lot of the screen.

Trying to think if I've missed anyone of note. If I was Sky I'd just offer Lineker a shitload of cash and be done with it. He'd carry that show with ease.

Willy
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by arover on Thu Feb 10, 2011 4:59 am

You neglected to mention that Barnes' head and body have been inflated with one of those air pumps that they use for lilos.
arover
Premiership
Premiership

Back to top Go down

Post by arover on Thu Feb 10, 2011 11:21 am

You also forgot the mighty Garth Crooks!

cheers
arover
Premiership
Premiership

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2