Fortress Ewood
Please Log In or Register to view the full content of the Forum, including latest Rovers news, other football news, Live Links to Rovers Matches, Streaming Movies and TV Shows etc.

Chas & Cam

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Chas & Cam

Post by Willy on Thu Dec 16, 2010 8:54 pm

It's NOT! Oldham made a statement, one that I and RtS agreed with, and you've taken it personally AGAIN. Dude, you're 37-years-old, I don't understand where all the whatever it is you display comes from. scratch
Willy
Admin

Number of posts : 9875
Registration date : 2008-11-01

Back to top Go down

Post by glosterrover on Thu Dec 16, 2010 8:57 pm

Let's just draw a line under it and say that none of this ever happened shall we because i am in a minority and it's getting out of hand
glosterrover
Champions League
Champions League

Number of posts : 7789
Registration date : 2010-08-05
Location : oxfordshire strangely,but as they say you can take the boy out of......

Back to top Go down

Post by OldhamRover on Thu Dec 16, 2010 9:09 pm

You made yourself the victim. I would still like to hear some justification for hunting, to be honest. I'm not looking for an argument, I'm just trying to understand.

Premiership
Premiership

Number of posts : 5445
Registration date : 2008-10-26

Back to top Go down

Post by glosterrover on Thu Dec 16, 2010 9:17 pm

countryside management,if there were no hunts then farmers/gamekeepers would eradicate the red fox completely..believe me they have the licences to do it so the hunts actually protect and nurture a healthier population of foxes and to be honest you should come down here and go hunting with me,the reason i say this is because a fully fit fox can run rings round a pack of hounds,i have seen it happen and honestly i prefer to see charlie get away and in 85-90% of chases they do,it's just the elderly and infirm that get caught mostly,look i don't want any kind of argument i respect your opinions but you need to understand that actually hunting is an important part of country life,after all if we didn't have it all we would do is have sex with our sisters
glosterrover
Champions League
Champions League

Location : oxfordshire strangely,but as they say you can take the boy out of......

Back to top Go down

Post by OldhamRover on Thu Dec 16, 2010 9:28 pm

It wouldn't take a great deal to stop farmers from (legally) killing foxes, so hunting still doesn't seem necessary to me.

I might not be the easiest person to convince, so perhaps it's best I'm left to my beliefs, however narrow-minded they might appear. I certainly don't think going on a hunt would be a good idea. I'm a vegan who threw up the last time his dog brought back a dying squirrel, so a fox with holes in its neck wouldn't be the best thing for me to see.

Premiership
Premiership

Back to top Go down

Post by Roverdamus on Thu Dec 16, 2010 10:34 pm

OldhamRover wrote:It wouldn't take a great deal to stop farmers from (legally) killing foxes, so hunting still doesn't seem necessary to me.

I might not be the easiest person to convince, so perhaps it's best I'm left to my beliefs, however narrow-minded they might appear. I certainly don't think going on a hunt would be a good idea. I'm a vegan who threw up the last time his dog brought back a dying squirrel, so a fox with holes in its neck wouldn't be the best thing for me to see.

You're a vegan? affraid
Roverdamus
Champions League
Champions League

Number of posts : 7821

Back to top Go down

Post by OldhamRover on Thu Dec 16, 2010 11:30 pm

Only for the past 4 months, but yeah. But, despite my aversion to dead and dying animals, it was a health choice, not a moral one. Now who's the minority? Smile

Premiership
Premiership

Back to top Go down

Post by rob_of_the_robots on Fri Dec 17, 2010 8:58 am

What sort of health benefits does a vegan diet provide? Just curious.

Champions League

Number of posts : 7840
Registration date : 2008-11-27

Back to top Go down

Post by Willy on Fri Dec 17, 2010 9:04 am

It makes your poos really, really green.
Willy
Admin

Number of posts : 9875
Registration date : 2008-11-01

Back to top Go down

Post by glosterrover on Fri Dec 17, 2010 2:54 pm

Being a vegan is your choice as hunting is mine so welcome to the minority Wink
glosterrover
Champions League
Champions League

Back to top Go down

Post by StLedge on Fri Dec 17, 2010 3:19 pm

It was I that madfe generalisations about class, quite simply because where I grew up[ the the darkest corners of South West Wales (in the countryside pretty much) the hunt was conducted by that kind of person, the ones that looked down their noses at you, as I went to school with most of them I knew them.

The stories I heard from these people were that (as you mentioned GR) the fox did most of the time evade capture, but was ultiimatley tracked down to whever it's den was, then the hole to the den was dug up, widened to allow certain dogs to get in to bring the fox(es) out, not for one minute would I assume the dog went in to the cramped den to humanely kill it.

GR I was not making a personal attack on you but more on the 'sport' of hunting from what I have heard from the horses mouth and from what I have witness after they have paraded their 'trophy' through a town that had little interest in the hunt.
StLedge
Admin

Number of posts : 10904
Registration date : 2008-10-06

Back to top Go down

Post by glosterrover on Fri Dec 17, 2010 3:28 pm

Whilst not speaking for the entire 'Sport' i do know that that does not happen with the greater majority of hunts anymore and when it did in the dim and distant past it was only at the behest of whomevers land the hunt were on if there was a problem with livestock killing,i always hated the thought of foxes being dug out myself,if he gets to ground then leave him be,i am certainly not bloodthirsty but appreciate the management the hunt advocates,what i don't want to see is the red fox wiped out and they pretty much would be without our help,Sledge,i know you weren't making a personal attack on me as OR wasn't but its just a hot button topic for me,i know i brought it up so i will now steer clear of the subject,i just hope that i have not alienated yourself,OR,Willy or whoever else as that was not my intention Smile
glosterrover
Champions League
Champions League

Back to top Go down

Post by rob_of_the_robots on Fri Dec 17, 2010 8:08 pm

StLedge is a Welsher Suspect

Champions League

Back to top Go down

Post by OldhamRover on Fri Dec 17, 2010 10:58 pm

rob_of_the_robots wrote:What sort of health benefits does a vegan diet provide? Just curious.

One of the big things for me was I have genetically high cholesterol, and a plant-based diet helps to control that. Vegan meals are extremely low in trans-fats and saturated fats, which decreases the risk of heart disease, and certain foods actually lower cholesterol.

There is a history of both prostate cancer and diabetes in my family, the risks of which are lower if you adhere to a vegan diet. Also lessened is the likelihood of developing colon cancer.

The human body is not designed to digest dairy products and the proteins from animal products prevent the body from absorbing calcium, meaning a plant-based diet provides both these nutrients more efficiently, despite the common misconception that you can't get enough protein without eating meat. The improved calcium absorbtion makes osteoporosis uncommon in vegans.

There are far less bacterial risks with organic vegetables than meat. Eating plenty of vegetables strengthens the immune system and makes it easier to maintain your all-round health, struggles with weight, bad skin, hair or nails, bad breath, all less likely on a plant-based diet. Vegans are less prone to suffering from arthiritis or cataracts.

"You are what you eat" is more than a cliché. Animals are fed hormones, antibiotics and even anti-depressants, and when you eat animal products you get a nice dose of all that, too.

A lot of people choose not to believe a lot of this in spite of scientific evidence, but when I look at it (and from my experience so far) I think I'm more likely to stay healthy with my new diet than I was with my old habits.

One thing a healthy diet can't protect you from is middle-aged women who don't understand 'give way' markings, so I now have a rather bad headache, a stiff neck and a sore knee, and a car that's neither use nor ornament. Sad

Premiership
Premiership

Back to top Go down

Post by rob_of_the_robots on Fri Dec 17, 2010 11:30 pm

Ouch

Champions League

Back to top Go down

Post by glosterrover on Sat Dec 18, 2010 9:54 am

The roads are largely populated by troglodytes who shouldn't even be out let alone driving....morons,cars are replaceable OR,humans aren't so good to hear you're ok Smile
glosterrover
Champions League
Champions League

Back to top Go down

Post by Roverdamus on Sat Dec 18, 2010 10:43 am

glosterrover wrote:The roads are largely populated by troglodytes who shouldn't even be out let alone driving....morons,cars are replaceable OR,humans aren't so good to hear you're ok Smile

But he didn't say he was okay, he said he had "a rather bad headache, a stiff neck and a sore knee".

67,000th post.
Roverdamus
Champions League
Champions League

Number of posts : 7821

Back to top Go down

Post by glosterrover on Sat Dec 18, 2010 3:36 pm

He has minor injuries as opposed to being in hospital so i would take that as being ok wouldn't you 'damus?
glosterrover
Champions League
Champions League

Back to top Go down

Post by OldhamRover on Sat Dec 18, 2010 4:05 pm

The state of my car I'm happy to be sat here with a bit of soreness and a headache. My poor car will be written off on Tuesday, I haven't had it three months. Sad

Couldn't get a courtesy car delivered because of the fucking snow, so I'm stuck watching the shit Rovers v West Ham game on a crap internet stream.

The high point of the day was a call from an insurance company saying the other driver has accepted full liability.

Premiership
Premiership

Back to top Go down

Post by super_keith_andrews on Sat Dec 18, 2010 4:06 pm

What link are you watching? I can't find one.

PS. Sorry to hear about your car.
super_keith_andrews
Premiership
Premiership

Number of posts : 3778
Registration date : 2010-08-12

Back to top Go down

Post by OldhamRover on Sat Dec 18, 2010 5:10 pm

Sorry, I logged straight back out when the second-half started because I had the laptop connected to a big TV for the game.

There were 10 links on firstrow.net. I just stuck with the first one with a decent stream and English commentary.

Premiership
Premiership

Back to top Go down

Post by StLedge on Sun Dec 19, 2010 4:45 pm

rob_of_the_robots wrote:StLedge is a Welsher Suspect

Nope, just lived there.
StLedge
Admin

Number of posts : 10904