Fortress Ewood
Please Log In or Register to view the full content of the Forum, including latest Rovers news, other football news, Live Links to Rovers Matches, Streaming Movies and TV Shows etc.

Chas & Cam

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Chas & Cam

Post by arover on Sat Dec 11, 2010 8:55 am

Just been reading about this pair getting a bit shaken up by a bunch of uppity students.

My heart bleeds.

Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
arover
Premiership
Premiership

Number of posts : 3649
Registration date : 2008-10-10

Back to top Go down

Re: Chas & Cam

Post by OldhamRover on Sat Dec 11, 2010 2:22 pm

Aye, and Cameron wants the group that 'attacked' them to feel the 'full force of the law'.

Meanwhile, I wonder what will become of the policeman who hit a 20-year-old with his baton, leaving the poor lad needing brain surgery?

The less serious (in my view at least) of those incidents has been picked up by every corner of the media while a far worse assault has been ignored by a lot of outlets and relegated to a couple of lines in most sources that have bothered to take an interest.

Why were they travelling through an area where it was already known that violent demonstrations were taking place? Could it be that someone saw the opportunity for a story by sending members of the royal family through the carnage? Or is the person planning their route really just a moron? Anyone with a TV, radio or internet connection could have told them not to go that way, so what went wrong?

Whether their presence in the midst of the protest was by design or not, it provides a great distraction from the real reason that all of this was happening in the first place. Instead of a group of students protesting about an ill-judged government policy they are a mob, attacking national institutions and destroying property.

The Metropolitan police commissioner reckons his officers showed restraint in not opening fire on the crowd. Well congratulations to them. After all, it might have been harder to spin police shooting into an unarmed crowd in such a positive light.

The result of the media coverage of the demonstration is that almost nobody I've discussed it with really sees beyond the outrage of the tabloids. Nobody is looking at the actual issue at the heart of it all and criticising the government, who now want the average student to be £27,000 in debt for the sake of 468 hours of teaching spread over three years. That's £57.69 per hour. Multiply that by the number of students in an average class and what do you get? Massive profits for universities and debts for graduates (and people who fail) that will serve as a millstone around their necks for the next two decades of their lives.

In the context of a youth critically injured by police, a police commissioner who would have been happy for his officers to turn Parliament Square into Tiananmen Square, and a government that would provide students with a first-hand education in white-collar crime, I'd say a damaged Rolls Royce was the least of Britain's problems this week.

If any of the royal family are finding their lives a little too tough I'd be happy to trade. I'll deal with the battered Rolls Royce and they can come here and deal with the fourth spate of burglaries in the past 3 months. I'll live in a palace and they can live the good life on an estate where war veterans are just easy targets for the scum they are forced to live with.

Premiership
Premiership

Number of posts : 5445
Registration date : 2008-10-26

Back to top Go down

Post by glosterrover on Sat Dec 11, 2010 7:23 pm

So what you're saying is that it is acceptable to desecrate national monuments,smash up public property and intimidate and assault the police all because of higher tuition fees? as the government have said some will pay more,some will pay the same and some may even have to pay nothing at all i find this unacceptable....if you stand in front of a policeman and taunt them then try dragging them from a horse and assaulting them then you have to expect to be dealt with in the same way,this country should not be held to ransom by uppity students who don't like their lot in life,i went on the countryside march to protest about my way of life being taken away from me and like a lot of my fellows got a pasting and you don't here me complaining...and as for the attack on the monarchy,what is this revolutionary france????? Atrocious
glosterrover
Champions League
Champions League

Number of posts : 7789
Registration date : 2010-08-05
Location : oxfordshire strangely,but as they say you can take the boy out of......

Back to top Go down

Post by RTM08 on Sat Dec 11, 2010 8:03 pm

glosterrover wrote:So what you're saying is that it is acceptable to desecrate national monuments,smash up public property and intimidate and assault the police all because of higher tuition fees?

I didnt protest either peacefully or violently (I feel it is counterproductive to my own learning). However, do you really think that the violent ones really give a shit about the policy itself? It was revealed in many of the papers that one who had both desecrated the monument AND attacking the princes car was the son of Pink Floyd's Dave Gilmour. Do you think he actually gives a shit about higher fees? His dad is a millionaire for gods sake!

And whilst both Welsh and Scottish students are getting normal rates or no charge at all, people like me and RD etc. are going to be put into absolute shed loads of debt to be 'guaranteed a job'. All these people are saying 'but you only get charged that amount if you get paid more!' but if I've earned that extra money I can think of much more useful things to do with it than give it to the government. Im not happy Mad
RTM08
Premiership
Premiership

Number of posts : 5935
Registration date : 2009-02-15

http://www.hawx.comxa.com

Back to top Go down

Post by OldhamRover on Sat Dec 11, 2010 9:14 pm

glosterrover wrote:So what you're saying is that it is acceptable to desecrate national monuments,smash up public property and intimidate and assault the police all because of higher tuition fees?

I'm not sure that's what I actually said. I can understand why people want to vent their frustrations, about this particular policy and the general direction our country has taken.

The national monuments mean very little to me, because a physical symbol of a sentiment that was sold down the river years ago is a slap in the face to the people it is supposed to honour.

I also really doubt that the police were intimidated. They are trained to deal with armed groups who are moving through a city with knives, guns and/or petrol bombs, so a stationary crowd with no actual weapons shouldn't pose that much of a problem. Stood behind riot shields, wearing helmets and regularly baton-charging any group that gets too rowdy it would be easy to feel quite brave. In absolute honesty the police could have taken any action they wanted and not one officer would have faced recriminations.

How threatened did the police feel when they shot Jean Charles de Menezes in the back? How threatened were they when that guy got beat over the head as he walked away from an officer (the poor chap later died, by the way)? Both resulted in innocent men dying at the hands of the people who are paid to enforce the law rather than break it, and investigations into both incidents resulted in a public whitewash and a lot of high-level back-slapping because they felt they managed to justify the actions of officers who, as far as I'm concerned, should both have been locked up.

Fuck the cunts doing crowd control in London, where were the officers with guns when Alison Armitage (a family friend) was killed by an armed robber in a stolen car? Where were guys with guns when that policewoman was killed in Bradford?

As for destroying property, the fucking police don't want to know when my property is vandalised or stolen, so why do I give a fuck when something owned by the state is tarnished? I've had enough of my car being damaged, my garage being broken into, my property being stolen, and when the police can do something about that then they'll get some respect from me. Maybe if they'd bothered to turn up when I was 13 and reported being mugged in Manchester I'd feel differently, maybe if they'd done more than give me a crime reference number when my bike was stolen, maybe if I'd ever seen the police get a result on any of the crimes that I've been victim to or seen happen then I'd have greater regard for them.

The only time I have ever seen the police take proper action it was against me. A day in magistrates court for punching a guy who hit me first. So you'll have to excuse me if I don't feel for them when they stand around watching a crowd that was mostly peaceful, despite what the media might have you believe, and get paid overtime for doing so.

glosterrover wrote:as the government have said some will pay more,some will pay the same and some may even have to pay nothing at all

The people who won't pay more as a result of this policy will be very few and far between. And if you think this is as far as it will go then you're being a little naive. As ever, this is just the first step, after this the floodgates will open and eventually universities will charge whatever they want for everyone. A career in medicine or law will become something that only people from richer than average families will be able to aspire to.

glosterrover wrote:i find this unacceptable....if you stand in front of a policeman and taunt them then try dragging them from a horse and assaulting them then you have to expect to be dealt with in the same way

The guy who underwent surgery wasn't trying to harm a police officer, he was trying to make his way home. If you can't walk the streets of London without fear of being gravely injured by the police then England can burn for all I care. It's one thing for the Chelsea pensioners to be mugged on Remembrance Day by some scumbag, but when the people who are supposed to protect us are given free reign to commit assault with a deadly weapon, safe in the knowledge that they will never face charges, it just makes me feel sick.

glosterrover wrote:this country should not be held to ransom by uppity students who don't like their lot in life

It's the students being held to ransom. "Want to make something of yourself? Well then you'll pay what we tell you to pay and be grateful."

THIS COUNTRY is looking at a future where we need to be at the forefront of science, technology and finance to remain competitive, but the government is forcing the people working in those areas to spend less time researching and giving them less money to do their work.

THIS COUNTRY will be fucked without a constant stream of intelligent new graduates who earn enough to pay for the benefits doled out to seemingly every other fucker in the country, but the government will allow a system that rewards wealth over ability.

THIS COUNTRY would rather penalise students than force universities to stop pissing money down the drain.

If you read the same crap press that was so offended by Charles and Camilla being uncomfortable for a few minutes you'll know that THIS COUNTRY has terrorism laws that prevent a group of 12-year-olds from picketing David Cameron's office. Ridiculous.

THIS COUNTRY makes such a big fuss about relatively minor, reversable events, but stands idly by while obesity, cancer, heart disease and in some cases poverty plagues the population.

Fuck THIS COUNTRY.

glosterrover wrote:i went on the countryside march to protest about my way of life being taken away from me and like a lot of my fellows got a pasting and you don't here me complaining...

Well if you're willing to take a beating for no reason and just suffer in silence then you're a mug, because as far as I'm concerned that should be unacceptable to anyone. If you did deserve it then that's your fault, but if you did nothing wrong then you shouldn't have to suffer that kind of treatment whilst exercising your basic rights.

Out of interest, what were you protesting about? Was it actually something that had a life-changing impact on your ability to support yourself or something that you just liked to do that was taken away?

glosterrover wrote:and as for the attack on the monarchy,what is this revolutionary france????? Atrocious

The monarchy can all rot for what difference they make to my life. I don't see why we need them in the first place, all the crap about tourism is bollocks because people would still come to see the palaces and other landmarks, so that's not even an issue. All they are is a bunch of inbreds who have about as much English blood in their veins as I've got German blood in mine (to be clear, that's none). They have a ceremonial role because people actually believed God wanted them to rule the country, but if you don't believe in that God then what moral authority do they have? It's an embarrassment that we still preserve the relics of a system that didn't work for anyone but the elite.

Getting rid of the monarchy wouldn't be revolution, it'd be the next step in our installation of de jure democracy. Of course, don't let that stop you from casting Camilla (almost universally hated by the public not so long ago) as the next Marie Antoinette.

Premiership
Premiership

Back to top Go down

Post by Sheepy on Sat Dec 11, 2010 11:14 pm

Wow, you smashed it. Stirring words straight from the heart there OR, I couldn't agree more ok
Sheepy
League One
League One

Number of posts : 913
Registration date : 2010-01-17

Back to top Go down

Post by Roverdamus on Sat Dec 11, 2010 11:17 pm

OldhamRover wrote:

I'm not sure that's what I actually said. I can understand why people want to vent their frustrations, about this particular policy and the general direction our country has taken.

The national monuments mean very little to me, because a physical symbol of a sentiment that was sold down the river years ago is a slap in the face to the people it is supposed to honour.

I also really doubt that the police were intimidated. They are trained to deal with armed groups who are moving through a city with knives, guns and/or petrol bombs, so a stationary crowd with no actual weapons shouldn't pose that much of a problem. Stood behind riot shields, wearing helmets and regularly baton-charging any group that gets too rowdy it would be easy to feel quite brave. In absolute honesty the police could have taken any action they wanted and not one officer would have faced recriminations.

How threatened did the police feel when they shot Jean Charles de Menezes in the back? How threatened were they when that guy got beat over the head as he walked away from an officer (the poor chap later died, by the way)? Both resulted in innocent men dying at the hands of the people who are paid to enforce the law rather than break it, and investigations into both incidents resulted in a public whitewash and a lot of high-level back-slapping because they felt they managed to justify the actions of officers who, as far as I'm concerned, should both have been locked up.

Fuck the cunts doing crowd control in London, where were the officers with guns when Alison Armitage (a family friend) was killed by an armed robber in a stolen car? Where were guys with guns when that policewoman was killed in Bradford?

As for destroying property, the fucking police don't want to know when my property is vandalised or stolen, so why do I give a fuck when something owned by the state is tarnished? I've had enough of my car being damaged, my garage being broken into, my property being stolen, and when the police can do something about that then they'll get some respect from me. Maybe if they'd bothered to turn up when I was 13 and reported being mugged in Manchester I'd feel differently, maybe if they'd done more than give me a crime reference number when my bike was stolen, maybe if I'd ever seen the police get a result on any of the crimes that I've been victim to or seen happen then I'd have greater regard for them.

The only time I have ever seen the police take proper action it was against me. A day in magistrates court for punching a guy who hit me first. So you'll have to excuse me if I don't feel for them when they stand around watching a crowd that was mostly peaceful, despite what the media might have you believe, and get paid overtime for doing so.

glosterrover wrote:as the government have said some will pay more,some will pay the same and some may even have to pay nothing at all

The people who won't pay more as a result of this policy will be very few and far between. And if you think this is as far as it will go then you're being a little naive. As ever, this is just the first step, after this the floodgates will open and eventually universities will charge whatever they want for everyone. A career in medicine or law will become something that only people from richer than average families will be able to aspire to.

glosterrover wrote:i find this unacceptable....if you stand in front of a policeman and taunt them then try dragging them from a horse and assaulting them then you have to expect to be dealt with in the same way

The guy who underwent surgery wasn't trying to harm a police officer, he was trying to make his way home. If you can't walk the streets of London without fear of being gravely injured by the police then England can burn for all I care. It's one thing for the Chelsea pensioners to be mugged on Remembrance Day by some scumbag, but when the people who are supposed to protect us are given free reign to commit assault with a deadly weapon, safe in the knowledge that they will never face charges, it just makes me feel sick.

glosterrover wrote:this country should not be held to ransom by uppity students who don't like their lot in life

It's the students being held to ransom. "Want to make something of yourself? Well then you'll pay what we tell you to pay and be grateful."

THIS COUNTRY is looking at a future where we need to be at the forefront of science, technology and finance to remain competitive, but the government is forcing the people working in those areas to spend less time researching and giving them less money to do their work.

THIS COUNTRY will be fucked without a constant stream of intelligent new graduates who earn enough to pay for the benefits doled out to seemingly every other fucker in the country, but the government will allow a system that rewards wealth over ability.

THIS COUNTRY would rather penalise students than force universities to stop pissing money down the drain.

If you read the same crap press that was so offended by Charles and Camilla being uncomfortable for a few minutes you'll know that THIS COUNTRY has terrorism laws that prevent a group of 12-year-olds from picketing David Cameron's office. Ridiculous.

THIS COUNTRY makes such a big fuss about relatively minor, reversable events, but stands idly by while obesity, cancer, heart disease and in some cases poverty plagues the population.

Fuck THIS COUNTRY.

glosterrover wrote:i went on the countryside march to protest about my way of life being taken away from me and like a lot of my fellows got a pasting and you don't here me complaining...

Well if you're willing to take a beating for no reason and just suffer in silence then you're a mug, because as far as I'm concerned that should be unacceptable to anyone. If you did deserve it then that's your fault, but if you did nothing wrong then you shouldn't have to suffer that kind of treatment whilst exercising your basic rights.

Out of interest, what were you protesting about? Was it actually something that had a life-changing impact on your ability to support yourself or something that you just liked to do that was taken away?

glosterrover wrote:and as for the attack on the monarchy,what is this revolutionary france????? Atrocious

The monarchy can all rot for what difference they make to my life. I don't see why we need them in the first place, all the crap about tourism is bollocks because people would still come to see the palaces and other landmarks, so that's not even an issue. All they are is a bunch of inbreds who have about as much English blood in their veins as I've got German blood in mine (to be clear, that's none). They have a ceremonial role because people actually believed God wanted them to rule the country, but if you don't believe in that God then what moral authority do they have? It's an embarrassment that we still preserve the relics of a system that didn't work for anyone but the elite.

Getting rid of the monarchy wouldn't be revolution, it'd be the next step in our installation of de jure democracy. Of course, don't let that stop you from casting Camilla (almost universally hated by the public not so long ago) as the next Marie Antoinette.

The best post I've read on this site. I know that's not saying much, but still, that was fantastic. applause
Roverdamus
Champions League
Champions League

Number of posts : 7821

Back to top Go down

Post by OldhamRover on Sun Dec 12, 2010 2:26 am

People can take it personally when you dissect their post like that, but that's not what I intended, GR, so don't think this is between us. I just feel quite strongly about a number of separate issues that have converged in this instance. Hopefully the structure of what I wrote shows that it wasn't born of anger, it's something I have thought about and anyone who disagrees with what I said is free to do so, but I stand by every word and I don't think anyone can change my mind.

Premiership
Premiership

Back to top Go down

Post by Willy on Sun Dec 12, 2010 7:13 am

For the first time in my life I can say, "I don't give a fucking shit" in reply to an English political debate. Very Happy

But yeah, fuck England, I'm down with that.
Willy
Admin

Number of posts : 9875
Registration date : 2008-11-01

Back to top Go down

Post by arover on Sun Dec 12, 2010 9:12 am

Seems like my original post has provoked some serious comment and inspired Oldham to begin a thesis.

For what it's worth I was gratified to see elements of British youth beginning to wake up and attempt to do something even if it was prompted by their own concerns and perhaps not so many broader issues it would have been possible to shout about. I don't recall seeing any direct political action in the UK since the poll tax riots unnerved that bitch Thatcher as far as I'm concerned its about time there was some. Chas and his chick getting mixed up in it all was merely the icing on the cake for me. The media make me sick too they can be persisitent as fuck on some issues (mainily celebrity shit) but as soon as it comes to some proper direct political action the party line is towed about as vigorously as it is possible to do so.

Also don't talk to me about the police either, I have a long memory and will never forget the countless miners heads that were smashed around 20 years ago. They have a long long track record of being bully boys of the worst kind and an insidious culture that still largely prevails within their ranks. How many of them ever give even a passing thought to the fact that they are actually public servants?

I was forunate to be born into just the right time in history to avoid having to fight in a war, avoid conscription, have a full grant for further education, see house prices make almost any investment profitable and watch Rovers play in the third division and swagger the Premiership. If I was 21 now things would not look so rosy, they do not for both of my sons. I know for sure that if current conditions exisited when I was 18 there is no way I would have gone to University I couldn't have handled the debt and the employment uncertainty that confornts everyone today. The really depressing thing about all of this is that it was a Labour government that started the ball rolling on all this and, despite whatever arguments they care to trot out, making education less accessible to what used to be the working class.

Protest on, direct action can work especially if what has provoked it is fundametally wrong.
arover
Premiership
Premiership

Back to top Go down

Post by rob_of_the_robots on Sun Dec 12, 2010 11:01 am

On the other hand, would we prefer to see the police getting walked all over and them start losing the albeit little control they still have?

Also, if you're going to either go around smashing up property for no reason, or joining a 'protest' that you know is going to get violent even if you are doing so 'peacefully' then surely there has to be some inkling that someone is going to get hurt, especially with what has happened with police in past incidents. I'm not saying what the police did was acceptable but if this had happened in some other countries, and I'm not just talking about countries like China, then it would have been worse.

Going back to the original point of these protests, the rise in tuition fees, the students don't have to start paying their loans back till they are earning over £21,000 and it's interest free. They aren't exactly going to be struggling to pay it all back. Plus, and I may be being naive here, but it's not a given that tuition fees are going to triple at all Universities, some may just have a small rise. A number of people who go to University do so as an excuse for an extended piss up so it may put some of them off and give people a chance who actually want a good degree. I don't actually think this rise across the board is the best way of going about things, maybe giving grants to people doing 'proper' degrees in things that are actually going to benefit the country.

I now hand the floor to the esteemed debater OldhamRover to pick apart my comments and to explain to me why I may be wrong.

Champions League

Number of posts : 7840
Registration date : 2008-11-27

Back to top Go down

Post by OldhamRover on Sun Dec 12, 2010 12:30 pm

See that's exactly the impression I didn't want to give when I answered GR's post. Here goes...

There's a lot of middle ground between indiscriminately lashing out with a baton and letting the crowd walk over you. One of the things GR brought up was an officer being dragged from his horse, but why was there a horse in the middle of the crowd anyway? The official line from the police is that horses help to intimidate crowds, but I'm really not sure that's true and in this case it just put one of their own in a vulnerable position.

What the police did was badly thought out, and it seems that a lot of officers allowed their emotions to control their actions, which isn't acceptable for anyone in a position of power. The crowd may not have behaved brilliantly, but the attempts to break the police line shouldn't have proved a problem, and a couple of paint bombs is less of an issue than what the Birmingham and Villa fans did after their football match the other week. I really think that the authorities could have kept control if they'd had a real plan and officers that were calm about their task.

You said it could have been worse in another country, yet the Met commissioner would have backed officers had they opened fire. That suggests that the standards of policing here aren't that much better than in a country where this might have ended worse.

The way our 'culture' has gone you're going to get violence from any large crowd if theyhang around long enough, especially when the police start pushing them around. That's what started the problems at this demonstration, the police, for no reason whatsoever, decided that where they were stood was no longer acceptable and started to push the crowd back with their riot shields. If you do that to a group that is already a bit worked up then they're going to try to stand their ground. A little bit of disorder is to be expected, but the police exacerbated the situation.

£21,000 a year isn't a lot if you've got very little in savings (typical of students) and are looking to move out of your parents' house (also farily typical).

The average graduate won't earn enough to start paying the loan back for the first couple of years of their career, so unless their earnings really take off after that early period then they'll be paying this loan back forevermore. Cost of living, trying to buy a house, putting something aside to replace the pension that our government almost certainly won't be able to afford to pay out by the time they retire, life costs a lot of money and this is just another thing that is going to hold people back when all they've tried to do is what they thought would be best for their futures.

Interest rates aren't the biggest problem because it's charged at the rate of inflation unless you earn over £41,000 a year. What I don't think is fair is that you'd be paying 7.4% right now if you do earn over that upper threshold, which on a loan of £27,000 would be around £2,000 a year that the government takes out of your pocket, in addition to the taxes you'd be paying. I think that's out of order, but that's not the major issue because at least people who would have to pay that wouldn't be struggling to get by.

Next consider that the £27,000 is only your starting figure. If the limit for what universities can charge is set at £9,000 a year then that's what they'll charge, just like when the limit was set at £3,000 not so long ago (and even if they don't the new MINIMUM will be £6,000 per year). But then almost all students also need a loan to pay their rent and other living expenses while they study. I think the average for that is £3,500 a year, so you're actually looking at £37,500 to pay back (and interest payments for those on good money mean the government mugs you to the tune of £2,775 a year).

What is worrying is that there has already been talk of making almost everyone pay 'market rate' interest on student loans, regardless of income, and that would be a catastrophe.

The real injustice of it all is that it would be a UK law that only applies to the English. Why is it that Wales and Scotland can afford to keep tuition fees reasonable but we can't?

Premiership
Premiership

Back to top Go down

Post by OldhamRover on Sun Dec 12, 2010 12:36 pm

I feel I've already said too much on this topic, but it doesn't actually make great sense for the government, because if the new fee rate doesn't deter people from going to university they'll be dishing out a lot of money to hand out all these large loans from our already depleted coffers.

Premiership
Premiership

Back to top Go down

Post by glosterrover on Sun Dec 12, 2010 8:55 pm

OR,i don't take anything you have said personally,you make an exceptionally good argument and i am fully on board with a lot of what you say,yes when i protested it was about my personal choice to do something i love....foxhunting,and if that makes me an idiot then i can take the flak,it was about my basic human right to do something that a very small minority told me i couldn't do,anyway back to the matter at hand whatever anyone else says i have a massive amount of respect for you sir and hope that we will continue to good naturedly joust for a long time to come Very Happy
glosterrover
Champions League
Champions League

Location : oxfordshire strangely,but as they say you can take the boy out of......

Back to top Go down

Post by OldhamRover on Sun Dec 12, 2010 10:16 pm

I suspected fox-hunting would be your issue, and that's a world away from tuition fees (or if it isn't then that's me being the lifelong city dweller whose experience of the countryside goes as far as ripping down the motorways that pass through it).

I would take up the fox-hunting issue because there's one that regularly passes through the estate that I'm quite fond of for some reason, but I don't actually know anything about hunts or the law regarding it, so better to leave that alone than be made to look a fool. Wink

Premiership
Premiership

Back to top Go down

Post by glosterrover on Mon Dec 13, 2010 8:38 pm

That's one thing you are not my friend,and i respect your point of view Very Happy
glosterrover
Champions League
Champions League

Back to top Go down

Post by Roverdamus on Mon Dec 13, 2010 8:41 pm

glosterrover wrote:That's one thing you are not my friend,and i respect your point of view Very Happy

Was that supposed to say "that's one thing, you are not my friend" or "that's one thing you are not, my friend"? scratch
Roverdamus
Champions League
Champions League

Number of posts : 7821

Back to top Go down

Post by glosterrover on Mon Dec 13, 2010 8:44 pm

I appreciate that foxes are not high on peoples list of things to discuss but as a 24 carat gold shitkicker it effects my way of life and as a 5th generation hunt supporter/servant it is important to me,i apologise if my response was knee jerk,i should have weighed the options better.you put me in my place and i am better educated as a result.thank you my friend
glosterrover
Champions League
Champions League

Back to top Go down

Post by arover on Tue Dec 14, 2010 10:24 am

Leicester City are pretty much fully opposed to the hunt.

http://norfox.net/
arover
Premiership
Premiership

Back to top Go down

Post by glosterrover on Tue Dec 14, 2010 5:30 pm

Don't care what they think anyway tongue
glosterrover
Champions League
Champions League

Back to top Go down

Post by Willy on Tue Dec 14, 2010 8:58 pm

I like foxes but I'm not about to go out on the streets protesting against hunting them. Those sorts of people usually have very little else to do with their time than make a pointless protest that does nothing positive at all. They remind me of the Anti-Nazi League with their attitude of "let's throw flour bombs and eggs at people, it's really good". Rolling Eyes
Willy
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Rover the Sea on Tue Dec 14, 2010 11:07 pm

Willy wrote:I like foxes but I'm not about to go out on the streets protesting against hunting them. Those sorts of people usually have very little else to do with their time than make a pointless protest that does nothing positive at all. They remind me of the Anti-Nazi League with their attitude of "let's throw flour bombs and eggs at people, it's really good". Rolling Eyes

Isn't that just the same as battering them?

Premiership
Premiership

Number of posts : 3177
Registration date : 2008-11-19

Back to top Go down

Post by rob_of_the_robots on Wed Dec 15, 2010 8:46 am

It's a salt and battery....

Champions League

Number of posts : 7840
Registration date : 2008-11-27

Back to top Go down

Post by glosterrover on Wed Dec 15, 2010 4:38 pm

ffs Mad
glosterrover
Champions League
Champions League

Back to top Go down

Post by Willy on Wed Dec 15, 2010 7:57 pm

Lol @ Rob and RtS Very Happy Very Happy
Willy
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content