Fortress Ewood
Please Log In or Register to view the full content of the Forum, including latest Rovers news, other football news, Live Links to Rovers Matches, Streaming Movies and TV Shows etc.

Kwik Fit - you won't believe what they did

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Kwik Fit - you won't believe what they did

Post by OldhamRover on Fri Aug 13, 2010 3:35 pm

Had a problem with the tracking on my car this week. Not being particularly mechanically minded and not trusting any of the independent garages in the area I braced myself to be ripped off by Kwik Fit, but I wasn't ready for what happened when I got there.

They wanted to charge me £27.85 to fix the tracking, £20 for labour, and £80 for two new tires.

Having been quoted £27.85 to fix the problem I wasn't too unhappy until they also told me that they were going to replace two tires (one was necessary, but I was going to have done elsewhere) and charge an extra £20 for labour. I enquired what the £20 labour charge was, because despite not having a clue about aligning a wheel myself I was aware that there were no new parts required, so surely the £27.85 was for the service of putting this problem right and there shouldn't be an additional charge. When I presented this challenge the manager didn't offer an answer, but he did agree that the fee would be the original £27.85.

Having got them to drop the labour charge I also told them not to bother with the tires as I could get them done elsewhere for less. They said the job would take an hour, so I walked home, had a drink and walked back to pick the car up. On arriving I went to look at the car and discovered that they had left the worn but legal rear tire, but replaced the borderline front tire against my instruction. So I was charged £40 for the tire that I didn't ask for, and was told they didn't have change in the till so I'd have to pay £70. Not happy with that I told them I'd pay by card rather than pay them even more money that they weren't owed.

I got the name of the twat I dealt with and informed them that I would be contacting head office, at which point he went from obstenate to apologetic (funny how often that happens). To top it off, I was refused a receipt because "the printer was broken".

In future I don't see myself ever using Kwik Fit again, and I would advise others to stay away too. Their national reputation offers no protection whatsoever to the customer, and it was all I could do to stave off the temptation to drive my car through their front door as I left.

I just hope that at some point I have a job that causes tubby little Kwik Fit Craig and myself to cross paths again, because I'll take great delight in screwing him out of as much money for as little service as possible.
OldhamRover
Premiership
Premiership

Number of posts : 5445
Registration date : 2008-10-26

Back to top Go down

Re: Kwik Fit - you won't believe what they did

Post by super_keith_andrews on Fri Aug 13, 2010 3:39 pm

The irony of driving your car through the front of the shop would be that you would then need a repair to your car and KwikFit would be the closest mechanics to have the repairs done at. Very Happy
super_keith_andrews
Premiership
Premiership

Number of posts : 3778
Registration date : 2010-08-12

Back to top Go down

Post by RoversLad123 on Fri Aug 13, 2010 3:42 pm

super_keith_andrews wrote:The irony of driving your car through the front of the shop would be that you would then need a repair to your car and KwikFit would be the closest mechanics to have the repairs done at. Very Happy

lol!
RoversLad123
Championship
Championship

Number of posts : 1030
Registration date : 2010-05-06

Back to top Go down

Post by OldhamRover on Fri Aug 13, 2010 3:44 pm

The car would be taken to my insurer's chosen garage to be repaired, and they can charge them what they want because I don't pay that (just an increased premium next time).
OldhamRover
Premiership
Premiership

Number of posts : 5445
Registration date : 2008-10-26

Back to top Go down

Post by rob_of_the_robots on Fri Aug 13, 2010 5:28 pm

I went to a local tyre place for mine recently. Was done nice and quickly while I waited, I think it was £30.

Champions League

Number of posts : 7840
Registration date : 2008-11-27

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top