Fortress Ewood
Please Log In or Register to view the full content of the Forum, including latest Rovers news, other football news, Live Links to Rovers Matches, Streaming Movies and TV Shows etc.

A sad time for music...

View previous topic View next topic Go down

A sad time for music...

Post by RTM08 on Sat Jun 05, 2010 1:32 pm

I dont know how many people on here are into this sort of music...but I believe their should be an article anyway, regardless.

Not long ago, on 16th May 2010, i was announced that heavy metal icon Ronnie James Padavona (Dio) had lost his fight against Stomach Cancer aged 67. It was a shock that rippled throughout the metal world. It was confirmed in a statement on the Dio website by his wife:

"Today my heart is broken, Ronnie passed away at 7:45am 16th May. Many, many friends and family were able to say their private good-byes before he peacefully passed away. Ronnie knew how much he was loved by all. We so appreciate the love and support that you have all given us. Please give us a few days of privacy to deal with this terrible loss. Please know he loved you all and his music will live on forever."

He had a long career, spanning 53 years touring with Rainbow, Elf and most famously Black Sabbath (who later reformed as Heaven & Hell).He had many fans and friends in the music industry, and has appeared in Tenacious D's movie 'The Pick Of Destiny' as himself, aswell as in the music video of a cover of his own track, 'Holy Diver', covered by Killswitch Engage.

Whilst the metal world was left reeling, more bad news came through on 24th May 2010, when it was announced that Paul Gray, the bassist for the band Slipknot, had been found dead at a hotel in Iowa, at the age of 38. His wife is expecting their first child.
The band held a press conference : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BX91HxHpQjE

"He was kind of the person in the band that really wanted everybody in the band to always get along and just concentrate on the band. He was a really great friend and a really great person. He's going to be sadly missed, and the world is going to be a different place without him."

It is a sad time for music, and for the musicians families, and I wish them well through this difficult time.

RIP Ronnie James Dio

RIP Paul Gray
RTM08
Premiership
Premiership

Number of posts : 5935
Registration date : 2009-02-15

http://www.hawx.comxa.com

Back to top Go down

Re: A sad time for music...

Post by Willy on Sat Jun 05, 2010 5:07 pm

Rainbow were ace, as were Sabbath (well, some of it). Talented dude, Dio was.

Been a fair lot of celeb deaths in the last couple of months. I hope Victoria Beckham is next...or Katie Price, doesn't really matter, as long as one of them goes. Twisted Evil
Willy
Admin

Number of posts : 9875
Registration date : 2008-11-01

Back to top Go down

Post by StLedge on Sun Jun 06, 2010 10:02 am

I have to agree with you Willy, but why can't we, the normal people benefit from it, how about a Posh Spice and Jordan fight to the death.

Posh can try and pout Jordan to death, while the large breasted one whines and bitches about how life is unfair, whilst selling another bullshit story about how she was 'raped' to gain more ££££'s
StLedge
Admin

Number of posts : 10904
Registration date : 2008-10-06

Back to top Go down

Post by RTM08 on Sun Jun 06, 2010 10:10 am

Its a real shame, I like Rainbow, Sabbath, I even quite like Slipknot.

But you still have the chavvy little bastards who go around laughing at the deaths of such great musicians.
I suppose we had Jade Goody but Jordan would be better Twisted Evil
RTM08
Premiership
Premiership

Number of posts : 5935
Registration date : 2009-02-15

http://www.hawx.comxa.com

Back to top Go down

Post by arover on Tue Jun 08, 2010 1:51 pm

Or maybe George Osbourne or Lee Bowyer.

If only.....