Fortress Ewood
Please Log In or Register to view the full content of the Forum, including latest Rovers news, other football news, Live Links to Rovers Matches, Streaming Movies and TV Shows etc.

Manipulation

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Manipulation

Post by arover on Fri May 28, 2010 7:02 am

arover
Premiership
Premiership

Number of posts : 3649
Registration date : 2008-10-10

Back to top Go down

Re: Manipulation

Post by Rover the Sea on Fri May 28, 2010 8:00 am

Can't open your links in work here but I'm guessing Question Time and the selected panel? Did you see the show? Or should I call it the Alastair Campbell show? I personally can't abide the man and he tried to railroad the whole production. Yes, there should have been a member of the new government available, but Alastair Campbell sure played on that one! I don't profess to lie on one side or the other of the UK parties but I would never trust a word that megalomaniac Campbell uttered, he's certainly one to watch and, in Dad's Army parlance "He doesn't like it up 'im".
Rover the Sea
Premiership
Premiership

Number of posts : 3177
Registration date : 2008-11-19

Back to top Go down

Post by rob_of_the_robots on Fri May 28, 2010 8:40 am

Rover the Sea wrote:I don't profess to lie on one side or the other of the UK parties but I would never trust a word that megalomaniac Campbell uttered, he's certainly one to watch and, in Dad's Army parlance "He doesn't like it up 'im".

And he's a Burnley 'fan'.

Still they should be able to put forward anyone they choose from their party. Doesn't exactly show self confidence from the Tories.

Champions League

Number of posts : 7840
Registration date : 2008-11-27

Back to top Go down

Post by arover on Fri May 28, 2010 10:11 am

Rover the Sea wrote:Can't open your links in work here but I'm guessing Question Time and the selected panel? Did you see the show? Or should I call it the Alastair Campbell show? I personally can't abide the man and he tried to railroad the whole production. Yes, there should have been a member of the new government available, but Alastair Campbell sure played on that one! I don't profess to lie on one side or the other of the UK parties but I would never trust a word that megalomaniac Campbell uttered, he's certainly one to watch and, in Dad's Army parlance "He doesn't like it up 'im".

What anyone thinks of Campbell in this context is irrelevant, the BBC asked him on the panel & the Government responded by saying they would only send a representative if Campbell was removed and the BBC quite rightly told them to fuck off.

It's this kind of stuff that goes right to the heart of freedom of the press issues.
arover
Premiership
Premiership

Back to top Go down

Post by Rover the Sea on Fri May 28, 2010 11:10 am

But who was on the panel representing the Shadow government?
Campbell is no longer in that position, I think that was the Government's stance?

This made the, normally balanced, panel somewhat imbalanced - or would have.
Surely someone from the Labour front benches should have been invited along with someone from the existing government/cabinet.
Not sure what the existing government should be called?
Rover the Sea
Premiership
Premiership

Number of posts : 3177
Registration date : 2008-11-19

Back to top Go down

Post by arover on Fri May 28, 2010 11:14 am

Maybe but that's not for the Government to decide, if the Opposition wish to put forward a battle scarred spin doctor that's up to them and the BBC to either accept or decline.

Once you start going down the road of "We'll only send someone if you get rid of him" it's a very rocky track indeed.

I'll only contribute to this thread if Vinjay is not allowed to represent the lunatic fringe.

silent silent silent silent
arover
Premiership
Premiership

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top