Fortress Ewood
Please Log In or Register to view the full content of the Forum, including latest Rovers news, other football news, Live Links to Rovers Matches, Streaming Movies and TV Shows etc.

Words Of Wisdom

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Words Of Wisdom

Post by arover on Fri Feb 26, 2010 8:56 am

From John Obi Mikel:

"It's between Terry and Bridgey," said the midfielder Mikel John Obi.
"They are adults and they will sort themselves out. They have been best
friends for a long time and it's unfortunate something like this has
happened. But they will go into the game as professionals and just play
the game. Whatever happens, happens."

Sweet Jesus. You little philosopher you.

arover
Premiership
Premiership

Number of posts : 3649
Registration date : 2008-10-10

Back to top Go down

Re: Words Of Wisdom

Post by StLedge on Fri Feb 26, 2010 9:02 am

Bridge has ruled himsef out of the game!
StLedge
Admin

Number of posts : 10904
Registration date : 2008-10-06

Back to top Go down

Post by Willy on Fri Feb 26, 2010 9:15 am

It's really professional of Bridge to pussy out of games for club and country because he's pissed off with someone for shagging his ex-bird. Rolling Eyes

He gets paid enough, get the fuck over it. If it was me I'd be looking forward to playing against/with Terry just so I could have a do at breaking his legs.
Willy
Admin

Number of posts : 9875
Registration date : 2008-11-01

Back to top Go down

Post by rob_of_the_robots on Fri Feb 26, 2010 9:27 am

It would be funny to run over to Terry if got the ball and just take him out. Especially if it was an England game. I'd imagine it would go something like this:

Champions League

Number of posts : 7840
Registration date : 2008-11-27

Back to top Go down

Post by StLedge on Fri Feb 26, 2010 9:31 am

Willy wrote:It's really professional of Bridge to pussy out of games for club and country because he's pissed off with someone for shagging his ex-bird. Rolling Eyes

He gets paid enough, get the fuck over it. If it was me I'd be looking forward to playing against/with Terry just so I could have a do at breaking his legs.

Should it really matter how much money someone has?
StLedge
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Willy on Fri Feb 26, 2010 9:38 am

What an utter cunt Boris Johnson is. Been playing too much 'Ruggers', methinks.

In reply to SL; yeah, I think most people would 'up' their level of professionalism depending on how much they're paid. How many times do you hear people say, "they don't pay me enough money to give a shit"?
Willy
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by StLedge on Fri Feb 26, 2010 9:51 am

Willy wrote:In reply to SL; yeah, I think most people would 'up' their level of professionalism depending on how much they're paid. How many times do you hear people say, "they don't pay me enough money to give a shit"?

Just because someone has a lot of money, it doesn't mean they wont feel let down and betrayed by someone who is meant to be a close friend.

Fair enough he has removed himself from selection from the England side, but if he doesnt want to play then fine. His contractual obligation is with his club.
StLedge
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Willy on Fri Feb 26, 2010 10:05 am

Bridge is acting like a pussy faggot bitch. Him, Terry and Cole should all just admit they want to bum each other. I take your point that a person's feelings aren't determined by how much money they have, that's a given. The problem lies with Bridge's inability to be around someone just because he's been hard done to by them. If I worked in an office job where one of my colleagues had shagged my ex-bird, I wouldn't be saying, "I'm not gonna turn up to work ever again because seeing him just upsets me too much". That's truly pathetic.

EDIT: And Wayne Bridge is a shit left-back anyway. I'm sure England won't miss him at all. Maybe now Warnock will get a look-in.
Willy
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by StLedge on Fri Feb 26, 2010 10:12 am

Willy wrote:Bridge is acting like a pussy faggot bitch. Him, Terry and Cole should all just admit they want to bum each other. I take your point that a person's feelings aren't determined by how much money they have, that's a given. The problem lies with Bridge's inability to be around someone just because he's been hard done to by them. If I worked in an office job where one of my colleagues had shagged my ex-bird, I wouldn't be saying, "I'm not gonna turn up to work ever again because seeing him just upsets me too much". That's truly pathetic.

EDIT: And Wayne Bridge is a shit left-back anyway. I'm sure England won't miss him at all. Maybe now Warnock will get a look-in.

But they weren't just colleagues, they were close friends, and his 'job' is to play for Man City, not England.
StLedge
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Willy on Fri Feb 26, 2010 10:22 am

This could go round in circles all day. No

I could say "he should be proud to play for England, and therefore should put his broken friendship to one side", but I can't be arsed arguing that point. Not many England players actually seem to care about that particular aspect. I'd go as far as to say only Beckham and Rooney actually seem to give a shit.
Willy
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by StLedge on Fri Feb 26, 2010 10:33 am

Willy wrote:This could go round in circles all day. No

I could say "he should be proud to play for England, and therefore should put his broken friendship to one side", but I can't be arsed arguing that point. Not many England players actually seem to care about that particular aspect. I'd go as far as to say only Beckham and Rooney actually seem to give a shit.

I agree about the passion of the players, I would be very proud to play for England, I mean just thinkof the women you would get.

I think Rooney is an all round determined guy, proud to play for his country, fiercely passionate, and Beckham too, but the others dont seem to give 2 shit either way.

And I also agree, pies are better than quiche!!
StLedge
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Willy on Fri Feb 26, 2010 10:37 am

Rooney and Beckham are good ambassadors for English football. It almost makes me want to get passionate about England myself, but I just can't find it in me to do so. It's like 'trying' religion. If you don't believe then you just don't believe, and there's nothing anyone can do or say to change your mind. I remember crying my eyes out in 1996 when Southgate missed that penalty. Euro '96 had the whole country hooked on football, and there was a real sense of 'togetherness' in England for those few weeks, a really unbelievable feeling. I doubt we'll ever have that again. I don't really know if it's football that's changed so dramatically in the last 15 years or just me. Probably a mix of both. Sad
Willy
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by arover on Fri Feb 26, 2010 11:43 am

Surely there are 2 relevant points here. The first one Willy has already mentioned, it was his EX bird. Bridge has got no right to even think about dictating what she can and cannot do or for that matter what anyone else does consensually with her.

The second one is this whole debate is being carried on as if women that appear in the lives of professional footballers are merely additional possessions of theirs to do with as they will. They're not, seems to me like the only person in this ridiculous affair with any genuine grievance is Terry's wife.
arover
Premiership
Premiership

Number of posts : 3649
Registration date : 2008-10-10

Back to top Go down

Post by Roverdamus on Fri Feb 26, 2010 2:56 pm

Willy wrote:Rooney and Beckham are good ambassadors for English football. It almost makes me want to get passionate about England myself, but I just can't find it in me to do so. It's like 'trying' religion. If you don't believe then you just don't believe, and there's nothing anyone can do or say to change your mind. I remember crying my eyes out in 1996 when Southgate missed that penalty. Euro '96 had the whole country hooked on football, and there was a real sense of 'togetherness' in England for those few weeks, a really unbelievable feeling. I doubt we'll ever have that again. I don't really know if it's football that's changed so dramatically in the last 15 years or just me. Probably a mix of both. Sad

Sad Sad Sad
Roverdamus
Champions League
Champions League

Number of posts : 7821
Registration date : 2008-10-26

Back to top Go down

Post by rob_of_the_robots on Fri Feb 26, 2010 3:31 pm

Emotional pish-posh, you need to man up! boxer

Champions League

Number of posts : 7840
Registration date : 2008-11-27

Back to top Go down

Post by Rover the Sea on Fri Feb 26, 2010 4:53 pm

rob_of_the_robots wrote:Emotional pish-posh, you need to man up! boxer

Er, Rob, not sure using "man up" and "pish-posh" in the same sentence works, sweetie??
Rover the Sea
Premiership
Premiership

Number of posts : 3177
Registration date : 2008-11-19

Back to top Go down

Post by Willy on Fri Feb 26, 2010 4:54 pm

Laughing
Willy
Admin