Fortress Ewood
Please Log In or Register to view the full content of the Forum, including latest Rovers news, other football news, Live Links to Rovers Matches, Streaming Movies and TV Shows etc.

Could anyone help me name the player...

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Could anyone help me name the player...

Post by Guest on Fri Jan 29, 2010 5:43 pm

Who scored one of the great goals of all time that I can't seem to find in any list of great goals. I recall this being highly ranked however on a Best 50 Goals of All Time TV show (that I think ran on C4 a good few years back). The goal itself came from an individual who I think was Brazilian, but definately South American, where the ball was played into him as he's running towards the 18 yard box the keeper comes out collect. The ball is played diagonally towards the goalie and also across the cross of the player, but instead of using a touch to take the ball around the keeper, this player dummies the ball and proceeds to run around the keeper (who is utterly baffled at this point) before slotting the ball home. He was a black player, pretty sure now it was a Brazilian.

Back to top Go down

Re: Could anyone help me name the player...

Post by Willy on Fri Jan 29, 2010 6:02 pm

From your description it sounds like a Romario goal, but I don't recall Romario being in any of those 'Top 50'-type things, even though he should clearly take all 50 slots for himself, the little bloody genius. In case you don't know off-hand what he looks like:

That him?

If not, I was thinking it could be this Jairzinho goal, but it doesn't sound an awful lot like the description, but is in all those 'Top 50' jobbies.

Willy
Admin

Number of posts : 9875
Registration date : 2008-11-01

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Fri Jan 29, 2010 6:09 pm

I went through on your link and have found it by process of elimination. It turns out it was Pele, and he actually never scored! LOL...

It was definitely on that program though as an extra 'best ever could have been'.

Cheers Willy. Wink

Back to top Go down

Post by blackburndan on Fri Jan 29, 2010 7:25 pm

Diamond Dust wrote:Who scored one of the great goals of all time that I can't seem to find in any list of great goals. I recall this being highly ranked however on a Best 50 Goals of All Time TV show (that I think ran on C4 a good few years back). The goal itself came from an individual who I think was Brazilian, but definately South American, where the ball was played into him as he's running towards the 18 yard box the keeper comes out collect. The ball is played diagonally towards the goalie and also across the cross of the player, but instead of using a touch to take the ball around the keeper, this player dummies the ball and proceeds to run around the keeper (who is utterly baffled at this point) before slotting the ball home. He was a black player, well hung sure now it was a Brazilian.

Racist!
blackburndan
League One
League One

Number of posts : 951
Registration date : 2009-01-31

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Fri Jan 29, 2010 7:29 pm

Or gay?

Back to top Go down

Post by arover on Sat Jan 30, 2010 9:15 am

1970 World Cup.

By some distance that Brazilian outfit was the best team I have ever seen.

Perfection.
arover
Premiership
Premiership

Number of posts : 3649
Registration date : 2008-10-10

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sat Jan 30, 2010 11:02 am

They were pretty damned good from what I have seen in clips since. Shame I wasn't born until 17 years after though.

Back to top Go down

Post by rob_of_the_robots on Sat Jan 30, 2010 2:23 pm

That Pele guy looks crap, he missed the ball and then failed to put it into an empty net. Rolling Eyes

Champions League

Number of posts : 7840
Registration date : 2008-11-27

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sat Jan 30, 2010 2:26 pm

I know, even Keith Andrews laughed.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top