Fortress Ewood
Please Log In or Register to view the full content of the Forum, including latest Rovers news, other football news, Live Links to Rovers Matches, Streaming Movies and TV Shows etc.

Rage Against The Machine - Xmas Number 1

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Rage Against The Machine - Xmas Number 1

Post by Guest on Sun Dec 20, 2009 12:34 am

Oh and this vid is pretty cool

Back to top Go down

Post by rob_of_the_robots on Sun Dec 20, 2009 1:21 pm

Nice video but was it an advert for Christmas Carol?

I have my fingers crossed for the number 1 praying

Champions League

Number of posts : 7840
Registration date : 2008-11-27

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sun Dec 20, 2009 6:39 pm

Well its defo 1 or 2

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sun Dec 20, 2009 6:58 pm

FUCKING GET IN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Back to top Go down

Post by randomsam on Sun Dec 20, 2009 7:00 pm

my 29p didn't go to waste then Smile

randomsam
Conference
Conference

Number of posts : 420
Registration date : 2008-12-20

Back to top Go down

Post by OldhamRover on Sun Dec 20, 2009 7:54 pm

Wow, what a massive difference this has made to the world. Tomorrow people will see that...well, actually they'll see that nothing has really changed at all. Four record labels still dominate the charts and people will still do whatever they think everyone is doing, whether they ought to or not.

I wonder what the charts would look like if people could think for themselves. How many people heard about this campaign on the radio or TV, or just received a Facebook invitation and decided to jump on the bandwagon? How many people bought multiple copies for some incomprehensible reason?
OldhamRover
Premiership
Premiership

Number of posts : 5445
Registration date : 2008-10-26

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sun Dec 20, 2009 8:00 pm

YAWN

Back to top Go down

Post by OldhamRover on Sun Dec 20, 2009 8:06 pm

How imaginative.
OldhamRover
Premiership
Premiership

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Mon Dec 21, 2009 2:36 am

How about a hug instead?

Well there doesn't seem to be a hug smiley so looks like instead I'll actually have to bother responding to your post.

Wow, what a massive difference this has made to the world. Tomorrow people will see that...well, actually they'll see that nothing has really changed at all.

It definitely wont make a difference to anything on a global scale or on anything of any importance. Of course there will still be poverty in Africa, global warming will continue to exist (ha) and soldiers will pointlessly be killed in a war that shouldn't have started.

But as I type this £77k has been raised for charity and a large amount (if not all) of the bands revenue will also be donated. Makes a change to someone at least.

Four record labels still dominate the charts and people will still do whatever they think everyone is doing, whether they ought to or not.

Who gives a fuck about a record label? People are free to make up their own minds about what they buy. I don’t even know what record label most of my favourite artists are on.

I wonder what the charts would look like if people could think for themselves

This is a very stupid question (I'm guessing it is a question but there was no question mark at the end).

A few points first

1. People buy music they hear
2. People buy music they see advertised
3. Radio stations play a very limited amount of all the music that is available
4. Most artists do not receive strong finacial backing for advertising and thus most are not aware of them

For your thought to come true Radio stations would have to play every song that came out that week or was due to come out or be completely abolished. People can think for themselves, however if Radio stations TV channels etc ram certain artists down their throats then they will obviously sell more.

How many people heard about this campaign on the radio or TV, or just received a Facebook invitation and decided to jump on the bandwagon?

So how many bought a song because they heard it being advertised? See above

How many people bought multiple copies for some incomprehensible reason?
I don't know

YAWN
How imaginative.

Whilst I am willing to listen to your views regarding rovers and on many an occasion share the same view, I normally decide to just ignore your posts on any other board as It just seems like the same argumentative high and mighty shite that you posted in the past. I'm guessing that "YAWN" seems unimaginative to you due to the amount of times other people have responded to you in that manner.

Feel free to point out my grammatical errors and respond with "YAWN" yourself.

Back to top Go down

Post by African Rover on Mon Dec 21, 2009 8:22 am

wilsbowski wrote:How about a hug instead?

Well there doesn't seem to be a hug smiley so looks like instead I'll actually have to bother responding to your post.

Wow, what a massive difference this has made to the world. Tomorrow people will see that...well, actually they'll see that nothing has really changed at all.

It definitely wont make a difference to anything on a global scale or on anything of any importance. Of course there will still be poverty in Africa, global warming will continue to exist (ha) and soldiers will pointlessly be killed in a war that shouldn't have started.

But as I type this £77k has been raised for charity and a large amount (if not all) of the bands revenue will also be donated. Makes a change to someone at least.

Four record labels still dominate the charts and people will still do whatever they think everyone is doing, whether they ought to or not.

Who gives a fuck about a record label? People are free to make up their own minds about what they buy. I don’t even know what record label most of my favourite artists are on.

This is a very stupid question (I'm guessing it is a question but there was no question mark at the end).

A few points first

4. Most artists do not receive strong finacial backing for advertising and thus most are not aware of them

For your thought to come true Radio stations would have to play every song that came out that week or was due to come out or be completely abolished. People can think for themselves, however if Radio stations TV channels etc ram certain artists down their throats then they will obviously sell more.

How many people heard about this campaign on the radio or TV, or just received a Facebook invitation and decided to jump on the bandwagon?

I don't know

YAWN
How imaginative.

Whilst I am willing to listen to your views regarding rovers and on many an occasion share the same view, I normally decide to just ignore your posts on any other board as It just seems like the same argumentative high and mighty shite that you posted in the past. I'm guessing that "YAWN" seems unimaginative to you due to the amount of times other people have responded to you in that manner.

lol!
African Rover
Championship
Championship

Number of posts : 1005
Registration date : 2008-11-03

Back to top Go down

Post by Roverdamus on Mon Dec 21, 2009 9:43 am

African Rover wrote:lol!
Roverdamus
Champions League
Champions League

Number of posts : 7821

Back to top Go down

Post by rob_of_the_robots on Mon Dec 21, 2009 12:18 pm

Rage for the win cheers

Champions League

Number of posts : 7840
Registration date : 2008-11-27

Back to top Go down

Post by OldhamRover on Mon Dec 21, 2009 1:32 pm

wilsbowski wrote:How about a hug instead?

A few points first

I don't know

YAWN
How imaginative.

I won't go to great lengths here because I don't really care enough, but we'll wait and see what pattern emerges in 2010 before deciding whether I was right or if this campaign really had a significant impact.

Just a note for the future; the "I wonder..." bit wasn't a question. If it were a question I'd have written "what would...", but being that nobody could give an answer with any degree of certainty it didn't seem appropriate.
OldhamRover
Premiership
Premiership

Back to top Go down

Post by arover on Mon Dec 21, 2009 2:17 pm

Surely the point is that it's one in the eye for "the man" and that's always good in my book.

arover
Premiership
Premiership

Number of posts : 3649
Registration date : 2008-10-10

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic View next topic Back to top