Fortress Ewood
Please Log In or Register to view the full content of the Forum, including latest Rovers news, other football news, Live Links to Rovers Matches, Streaming Movies and TV Shows etc.

Scouse Mongs With Pits

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Scouse Mongs With Pits

Post by arover on Mon Nov 30, 2009 2:59 pm

arover
Premiership
Premiership

Number of posts : 3649
Registration date : 2008-10-10

Back to top Go down

Re: Scouse Mongs With Pits

Post by Guest on Mon Nov 30, 2009 3:06 pm

Poor child. Not much of a consolation but satisfying none the less to read that the dog was put down.

Back to top Go down

Post by OldhamRover on Mon Nov 30, 2009 5:11 pm

Anyone who expects an animal to subvert its nature shouldn't be allowed to keep dogs, and should probably avoid being around them at all. People have a tendency to think of dogs as four-leggd, furry extensions of their own personalities, when in reality they are animals that have been bred to work for centuries. They have things going on inside their heads that we can't understand, so they always have the potential to do harm.

If you leave children and dogs unsupervised then you're asking for trouble, and there are certain breeds that I wouldn't even entertain the thought of having in the same house as a child unless they are crated. In this case, someone has created an inadvisable situation and it has had tragic consequences, but there will be more people who see this story and don't learn anything from it whatsoever.

I've been bitten by my dogs more times than I care to remember, even though most of the time they are docile animals that back away from the gates when kids walk past. At the bottom any attack, you either have a dog that shouldn't be kept as a pet, or you've done something to provoke the animal.
OldhamRover
Premiership
Premiership

Number of posts : 5445
Registration date : 2008-10-26

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Mon Nov 30, 2009 5:25 pm

OldhamRover wrote: in reality they are animals that have been bred to work for centuries. They have things going on inside their heads that we can't understand, so they always have the potential to do harm..

Could also be said about any human being (I know we are animals). Quite simply avoid everyone as they have the potential to do harm.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Mon Nov 30, 2009 5:30 pm

Avoid contact with everything. I mean everything. Live in a bubble wrapped bubble.

Back to top Go down

Post by Roverdamus on Mon Nov 30, 2009 5:33 pm

Diamond Dust wrote:Avoid contact with everything. I mean everything. Live in a bubble wrapped bubble.

But then how could you avoid contact with the bubble?
Roverdamus
Champions League
Champions League

Number of posts : 7821

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Mon Nov 30, 2009 5:34 pm

Houston, we have a problem.

Back to top Go down

Post by blackburndan on Mon Nov 30, 2009 5:49 pm

blackburndan
League One
League One

Number of posts : 951
Registration date : 2009-01-31

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Mon Nov 30, 2009 6:06 pm

This is how a 'normal' day out in the park would look.

Back to top Go down

Post by OldhamRover on Mon Nov 30, 2009 6:07 pm

wilsbowski wrote:
OldhamRover wrote: in reality they are animals that have been bred to work for centuries. They have things going on inside their heads that we can't understand, so they always have the potential to do harm..

Could also be said about any human being (I know we are animals). Quite simply avoid everyone as they have the potential to do harm.

Almost all victims of dog attacks choose to live with them. We can make a choice to stay away from dogs, but you can't avoid ever going near any person who might snap and attack you. Also, people are much more adept at reading other people than we are at seeing the intentions of dogs. You have a pretty good idea if you're being followed by another person who might pose a threat, and you usually have a way to counter that.

An equally common situation is that a dog will run out to the back gate of its garden when someone comes close. Too many people regard this as the dog wanting attention from the passer-by and reach over to pet them. Most of the time the dog will be quite passive, but other times it will see this as a threat or an attempt to intrude on its territory and bite. The person who is bitten is in the wrong (whether their intentions were wrong is insignificant), the 'victim' has misread the situation and put themselves in danger. The dog has done nothing that shouldn't have been expected, yet the animal will suffer the heavier consequences of this incident if the victim chooses to report it.
OldhamRover
Premiership
Premiership

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Mon Nov 30, 2009 6:11 pm

I demand academic references to accompany the information you are posting. Otherwise it is just garbage.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Mon Nov 30, 2009 6:18 pm

Almost all beaten wifes choose to live with their husband.

You could go to a monestary which houses non violent monks.

I am normally quite aware when someone is following me (not always grrrrr). However I don't often get followed by dogs and have never noticed a human being run to the end of the garden, then stand there because the gate is open.

Back to top Go down

Post by OldhamRover on Mon Nov 30, 2009 6:59 pm

Don't be stupid. The behaviour of humans and dogs is obviously different, therefore the scenarios in which they will pose a threat are different. However, it seems reasonable to compare to instances where the perceived threat is similar; most of the time nothing will come of it, sometimes you'll have a problem.

Yes, victims of domestic abuse usually choose to live with their partners, but there are mitigating factors. First, a lot of these victims stay where they are because they are frightened of leaving or reporting the attacks, but such a fear is almost impossible to develop in the same way for someone living with a violent dog. Second, the signs that an abusive partner is likely to attack (especially if it isn't the first time) are easily spotted, the signs of a dog attacking can be mistaken as attention seeking, so the opportunity for self-preservation is not comparable.

In theory, you could choose to live in a monastery. However, there aren't enough monestaries for everyone, and if your life is dictated by fear to that degree then you have far bigger problems. Plus there's always a slight chance of a sociopathic monk snapping and assaulting you, so that might be too much risk if you really thought that way.

DD, you don't have to believe me. Most of what I wrote is an opinion based on my experiences with dogs, training my dogs and talking to other people who do the same. I count a number of vets, dog owners and even an animal behaviourist amongst my friends and neighbours, along with a number of other dog owners, so I feel that this opinion carries a little bit of established logic. Feel free to test the theory for yourself.
OldhamRover
Premiership
Premiership

Back to top Go down

Post by thebluehalf on Mon Nov 30, 2009 7:34 pm

OldhamRover wrote:Don't be stupid. The behaviour of humans and dogs is obviously different, therefore the scenarios in which they will pose a threat are different. However, it seems reasonable to compare to instances where the perceived threat is similar; most of the time nothing will come of it, sometimes you'll have a problem.

Yes, victims of domestic abuse usually choose to live with their partners, but there are mitigating factors. First, a lot of these victims stay where they are because they are frightened of leaving or reporting the attacks, but such a fear is almost impossible to develop in the same way for someone living with a violent dog. Second, the signs that an abusive partner is likely to attack (especially if it isn't the first time) are easily spotted, the signs of a dog attacking can be mistaken as attention seeking, so the opportunity for self-preservation is not comparable.

In theory, you could choose to live in a monastery. However, there aren't enough monestaries for everyone, and if your life is dictated by fear to that degree then you have far bigger problems. Plus there's always a slight chance of a sociopathic monk snapping and assaulting you, so that might be too much risk if you really thought that way.

DD, you don't have to believe me. Most of what I wrote is an opinion based on my experiences with dogs, training my dogs and talking to other people who do the same. I count a number of vets, dog owners and even an animal behaviourist amongst my friends and neighbours, along with a number of other dog owners, so I feel that this opinion carries a little bit of established logic. Feel free to test the theory for yourself.

You have exciting friends and neighbours.
thebluehalf
Conference
Conference

Number of posts : 308
Registration date : 2009-05-10

Back to top Go down

Post by OldhamRover on Mon Nov 30, 2009 8:00 pm

I suppose everyone you know is an extreme sports enthusiast?
OldhamRover
Premiership
Premiership

Back to top Go down

Post by thebluehalf on Mon Nov 30, 2009 8:58 pm

Better than that. I happen to list Triple H, Lance Armstrong and Sonic as my closest peeps.
thebluehalf
Conference
Conference

Number of posts : 308
Registration date : 2009-05-10

Back to top Go down

Post by Willy on Mon Nov 30, 2009 9:37 pm

Triple H is a good bleeder.
Willy
Admin

Number of posts : 9875
Registration date : 2008-11-01

Back to top Go down

Post by OldhamRover on Mon Nov 30, 2009 9:48 pm

thebluehalf wrote:Better than that. I happen to list Triple H, Lance Armstrong and Sonic as my closest peeps.

Given the choice, I'll keep the friends I've got.
OldhamRover
Premiership
Premiership

Back to top Go down

Post by Willy on Mon Nov 30, 2009 9:50 pm

What's wrong with Sonic? Bet he makes a crackin' brew.
Willy
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Mon Nov 30, 2009 9:51 pm

My best friend is a dog. He says woof. I agree with him

He said sausages once but I disagreed, I just fancied bacon

Back to top Go down

Post by Willy on Mon Nov 30, 2009 10:03 pm

Weird. I was just thinking about that Walls dog this morning.
Willy
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Mon Nov 30, 2009 11:25 pm

Willy wrote:Weird. I was just thinking about that Walls dog this morning.

Too many potential jokes, so will just ask why?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Tue Dec 01, 2009 1:37 am

OldhamRover wrote:Given the choice, I'll keep the friends I've got.

I'm now testing the theory you actually have friends. I also always find it amusing that people who say they know things always know someone who is in someway associated with the topic being discussed. I still demand academic references however. Your ramblings are very Vinjay'esque.

Have a nice day sweet cheeks.

Back to top Go down

Post by OldhamRover on Tue Dec 01, 2009 2:18 am

I know people associated with dog training because I own three dogs, turns out that's quite common. One of my dogs is a border collie that used to nip, chew furniture, bully the other dogs and inexplicably start barking in the middle of the night. I already knew a couple of vets because the first vet I took my other two dogs to went out of business, so I had to find a new one. A third vet I've had contact with treated our dog when I was a child, but is now retired. As a result of the border collie's behavioural issues I went to an animal obedience school, where I met the behaviourist.

As for references, I already said that most of it was opinion based on my experiences. Perhaps everyone else was born with the ability to read the minds of dogs, but I doubt it. Part of what I wrote was a simple analogy to show that you can't compare human and canine behaviour. Feel free to pick holes in the rest of it, but I'm not sure what that leaves.
OldhamRover
Premiership
Premiership

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Tue Dec 01, 2009 2:27 am

It leaves green tea.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content