Fortress Ewood
Please Log In or Register to view the full content of the Forum, including latest Rovers news, other football news, Live Links to Rovers Matches, Streaming Movies and TV Shows etc.

NME's Top 50 Albums Of This Decade

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: NME's Top 50 Albums Of This Decade

Post by Guest on Tue Nov 17, 2009 11:16 pm

Willy, I'm guessing that must be your best albums ever.

Thought you didn't care for The Stone Roses

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: NME's Top 50 Albums Of This Decade

Post by Willy on Tue Nov 17, 2009 11:20 pm

Oh yeah, just realised it was meant to be this decade. Embarassed

I don't remember saying I don't care for The Stone Roses. If I did then it was probably in reference to them only ever making 6 good tracks in their whole career. If an album has ten or eleven tracks and five or six are good then it goes down as a very good album for me.

I'm thinking I should've put a couple of Ian Brown albums in that list now. Doh! Rolling Eyes
avatar
Willy
Admin

Number of posts : 9875
Registration date : 2008-11-01
Location : Burn-leh
Age : 33

Back to top Go down

Re: NME's Top 50 Albums Of This Decade

Post by Guest on Tue Nov 17, 2009 11:27 pm

Good effort considering done quickly

I wouldn't attempt one for the decade never mind all time!

I don't see the Pixies Doolittle in there though Mad

In the words of Kurt Cobain

"I was trying to write the ultimate pop song. I was basically trying to rip off the Pixies. I have to admit it [smiles]. When I heard the Pixies for the first time, I connected with that band so heavily I should have ben in that band - or at least in a Pixies cover band. We used their sense of dynamics, being soft and quiet and then loud and hard." (Kurt Cobain about how he wrote "Smells Like Teen Spirit", from a Rolling Stone interview by David Fricke, 01-27-94, reported by James R. Butcher)

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: NME's Top 50 Albums Of This Decade

Post by Willy on Tue Nov 17, 2009 11:29 pm

I'll be honest and admit I've never actually listened to The Pixies. Not that I was aware of anyway.
avatar
Willy
Admin

Number of posts : 9875
Registration date : 2008-11-01
Location : Burn-leh
Age : 33

Back to top Go down

Re: NME's Top 50 Albums Of This Decade

Post by Willy on Tue Nov 17, 2009 11:32 pm

By the way, just because no-one's said it yet; the NME is a stinking dogshit of a magazine. I used to buy Melody Maker (when it was still in publication Sad ) and NME religiously as a young 'un, but it's become a joke now. I dunno, maybe I'm just biased because they mainly focus on new Indie music that I'm just not into, but even the hip-hop magazines make me sick and that's my main listening material.
avatar
Willy
Admin

Number of posts : 9875
Registration date : 2008-11-01
Location : Burn-leh
Age : 33

Back to top Go down

Re: NME's Top 50 Albums Of This Decade

Post by Guest on Tue Nov 17, 2009 11:35 pm

If you have seen fight club you will have done, "Where is your mind" is playing when the buildings fall down

Thats not on Doolittle though

*Think quite a few people have slagged off NME haven't they. Could be worse though, stumbled accross Q's top 50 of the year t'other day

1. Kasabian - West Ryder Pauper Lunatic Asylum
2. Florence And The Machine - Lungs
3. Yeah Yeah Yeahs - It's Blitz!
4. Animal Collective - Merriweather Post Pavillion
5. Manic Street Preachers - Journal For Plague Lovers
6. Arctic Monkeys - Humbug
7. Muse - The Resistance
8. Lily Allen - It's Not Me, It's You
9. U2 - No Line On The Horizon
10. Phoenix - Wolfgang Amadeus Phoenix
11. Doves - Kingdom Of Rust
12. Jack Penate - Everything Is New
13. Grizzly Bear - Veckatimest
14. Devendra Banhart - What Will We Be
15. Dizzee Rascal - Tongue N' Cheek
16. Empire Of The Sun - Walking On A Dream
17. Green Day - 21st Century Breakdown
18. Mika - The Boy Who Knew Too Much
19. Monsters Of Folk - Monsters Of Folk
20. Fever Ray - Fever Ray
21. Jamie T - Kings & Queens
22. The Low Anthem - Oh My God, Charlie Darwin
23. The Prodigy - Invaders Must Die
24. Mos Def - The Ecstatic
25. Noah And The Whale - The First Days Of Spring
26. Bat For Lashes - Two Suns
27. The Dead Weather - Horehound
28. Bruce Springsteen - Walking On A Dream
29. Wilco - Wilco (The Album)
30. La Roux - La Roux
31. Biffy Clyro - Only Revolutions
32. Paolo Nutini - Sunny Side Up
33. Dirty Projectors - Bitte Orca
34. White Lies - To Lose My Life
35. Pearl Jam - Backspacer
36. Sonic Youth - The Eternal
37. **** Buttons - Tarot Sport
38. Richard Hawley - Truelove's Gutter
39. The Horrors - Primary Colours
40. Cheryl Cole - 3 Words
41. Wild Beasts - Two Dancers
42. Mariachi El Bronx - Mariachi El Bronx
43. Tinariwen - Imidiwen Companions
44. The View - Which Bitch?
45. Conor Oberst And The Mystic Valley Band - Outer South
46. Golden Silvers - True Romance
47. Madness - The Liberty Of Norton Folgate
48. Ian Brown - My Way
49. Bob Dylan - Together Through Life
50. Jarvis Cocker - Further Complications

I know quite a few of them are in my "list" but believe me they wouldn't be in that order

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: NME's Top 50 Albums Of This Decade

Post by Willy on Tue Nov 17, 2009 11:42 pm

'Q' is a piece of poo, too. It shouldn't be read, it should be flushed down the loo.


At half past two. cheers


I remember buying issues of 'Q' when I was younger just because pretty much every month they had Oasis on the front cover. Looking back, how fucking gay of them was that?
avatar
Willy
Admin

Number of posts : 9875
Registration date : 2008-11-01
Location : Burn-leh
Age : 33

Back to top Go down

Re: NME's Top 50 Albums Of This Decade

Post by Guest on Tue Nov 17, 2009 11:51 pm

Remember as a kid my Dad had a huge stack of Q magazines, I think he had been collecting them from issue 1 but finally either got fed up or nagged by my mum to stop buying it so we could afford my weekley beano and turtles magazine. When i used to work in the shop at the train station I used to take "damaged" mags home with me so had weekley NME's and Kerrangs and monthly Maxims, FHMs, loadeds and Q's for free. Soon as I left that job for Uni I stopped reading them all.

Got a free q about this time last year when I was catching a train and bought FHM as had nothing to read. Was a load of shit so left it for someone else

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: NME's Top 50 Albums Of This Decade

Post by PieEater on Tue Nov 17, 2009 11:54 pm

My kids adore Lady Gaga and whilst perusing tinterweb I found Poker Face live on Ellen Lesbians show. She starts off singing at the piano before going into the dancey stuff. Though she's hardly a musical genius I must say she is the epitomy of the music industry attempting to implode, she's more talent that the over-produced corporate shite!

Furthermore, I looked at Flo and the Mach playing 'Halo' and you've got some daft cunts on there suggesting her voice is poorly controlled and that "she's a minger innit" like my fucking ears care!


Q's list was looking bad, then number nine, FFS. To be honest I've not listened so I'm open to be shot down, but U2 are scum!
avatar
PieEater
Conference
Conference

Number of posts : 350
Registration date : 2009-04-10
Age : 39

Back to top Go down

Re: NME's Top 50 Albums Of This Decade

Post by Willy on Tue Nov 17, 2009 11:57 pm

FHM is terrible as well. Another shitter is that Bizarre magazine that always has pictures of rotting ballsacks and humongous, veiny tits in it.


I'm not sure I actually like ANY magazines these days other than FourFourTwo. That's still the most well-written football magazine around. Then again, I suppose 'Shoot' and 'Match' are a little childish for my tastes.
avatar
Willy
Admin

Number of posts : 9875
Registration date : 2008-11-01
Location : Burn-leh
Age : 33

Back to top Go down

Re: NME's Top 50 Albums Of This Decade

Post by Roverdamus on Tue Nov 17, 2009 11:59 pm

Lol, I remember when I used to collect 'Match' and I had a huge pile of them. Still do actually. Somewhere.
avatar
Roverdamus
Champions League
Champions League

Number of posts : 7821
Registration date : 2008-10-26
Age : 23

Back to top Go down

Re: NME's Top 50 Albums Of This Decade

Post by PieEater on Wed Nov 18, 2009 12:02 am

I think the last time I read a magazine was when stuck in hospital due to not being able to concentrate long enough to read a book Sleep

Having said that, this very place is prolly the modern day magazine. Snippets of info, pics, opinion and in a much more timely and all encompassing manner...
avatar
PieEater
Conference
Conference

Number of posts : 350
Registration date : 2009-04-10
Age : 39

Back to top Go down

Re: NME's Top 50 Albums Of This Decade

Post by Guest on Wed Nov 18, 2009 12:04 am

yeah never got Bizzarre magazine. Always used to get people reading it in the shop for ages, so checked out what was inside and could only come to the copnclusion that they were freaks

God forgotten about football magazines. Think I was a shoot boy but couldn't be sure. Just remember my sisters saying I was gay for having posters of men on my wall. Reluctantly took them down on the eve of my 22nd birthday.

Never really read fourfourtwo, remember when I glanced at it at a friends house when I was about 10 though. There was a wordsearch on the back page and claer as day it spelt "dickhead" going down the last column. Don't know why that memory has implanted itself on my brain

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: NME's Top 50 Albums Of This Decade

Post by Guest on Wed Nov 18, 2009 12:05 am

PieEater wrote:I think the last time I read a magazine was when stuck in hospital due to not being able to concentrate long enough to read a book Sleep

Having said that, this very place is prolly the modern day magazine. Snippets of info, pics, opinion and in a much more timely and all encompassing manner...

Are we more Just Seventeen or Smahs Hits?

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: NME's Top 50 Albums Of This Decade

Post by OldhamRover on Wed Nov 18, 2009 12:06 am

I used to buy Match, do the puzzles in the back, check if any Rovers players were on the posters inside and throw it out later the same day. Looking back, it was probably a waste of money.
avatar
OldhamRover
Premiership
Premiership

Number of posts : 5445
Registration date : 2008-10-26
Age : 28

Back to top Go down

Re: NME's Top 50 Albums Of This Decade

Post by PieEater on Wed Nov 18, 2009 12:08 am

I called my French Teacher a F U C K I N G C U N T whilst constructing a letter in French.

I got an F mainly due to the fact that I was writing absolute shite to get the letters in place.

Shoot and Match I just remember those fucking league tables with the little cardboard team names and attempting to move them up or down the league, well for at least the first three weeks! Was about 15 when we started to climb the league so remember making a bit of a Shoot and Match comeback for the player pics...
avatar
PieEater
Conference
Conference

Number of posts : 350
Registration date : 2009-04-10
Age : 39

Back to top Go down

Re: NME's Top 50 Albums Of This Decade

Post by Roverdamus on Wed Nov 18, 2009 12:09 am

wilsbowski wrote:yeah never got Bizzarre magazine. Always used to get people reading it in the shop for ages, so checked out what was inside and could only come to the copnclusion that they were freaks

God forgotten about football magazines. Think I was a shoot boy but couldn't be sure. Just remember my sisters saying I was gay for having posters of men on my wall. Reluctantly took them down on the eve of my 22nd birthday.

Never really read fourfourtwo, remember when I glanced at it at a friends house when I was about 10 though. There was a wordsearch on the back page and claer as day it spelt "dickhead" going down the last column. Don't know why that memory has implanted itself on my brain

I love it when that happens. I can remember the most insignificant shite from fucking ages ago, sometimes more clearly than what happened last week.
avatar
Roverdamus
Champions League
Champions League

Number of posts : 7821
Registration date : 2008-10-26
Age : 23

Back to top Go down

Re: NME's Top 50 Albums Of This Decade

Post by Roverdamus on Wed Nov 18, 2009 12:10 am

PieEater wrote:I called my French Teacher a F U C K I N G C U N T whilst constructing a letter in French.

I got an F mainly due to the fact that I was writing absolute shite to get the letters in place.

Shoot and Match I just remember those fucking league tables with the little cardboard team names and attempting to move them up or down the league, well for at least the first three weeks! Was about 15 when we started to climb the league so remember making a bit of a Shoot and Match comeback for the player pics...

I always used Toulouse them.
avatar
Roverdamus
Champions League
Champions League

Number of posts : 7821
Registration date : 2008-10-26
Age : 23

Back to top Go down

Re: NME's Top 50 Albums Of This Decade

Post by Willy on Wed Nov 18, 2009 12:11 am

Roverdamus wrote:
wilsbowski wrote:yeah never got Bizzarre magazine. Always used to get people reading it in the shop for ages, so checked out what was inside and could only come to the copnclusion that they were freaks

God forgotten about football magazines. Think I was a shoot boy but couldn't be sure. Just remember my sisters saying I was gay for having posters of men on my wall. Reluctantly took them down on the eve of my 22nd birthday.

Never really read fourfourtwo, remember when I glanced at it at a friends house when I was about 10 though. There was a wordsearch on the back page and claer as day it spelt "dickhead" going down the last column. Don't know why that memory has implanted itself on my brain

I love it when that happens. I can remember the most insignificant shite from fucking ages ago, sometimes more clearly than what happened last week.

And yet you don't smoke cannabis. That's a pretty impressive feat, young Liam.
avatar
Willy
Admin

Number of posts : 9875
Registration date : 2008-11-01
Location : Burn-leh
Age : 33

Back to top Go down

Re: NME's Top 50 Albums Of This Decade

Post by PieEater on Wed Nov 18, 2009 12:12 am

Wilbs, you're Nuts generally speaking, though not in the magazine sense obviously, that's an idiots FHM. Bet you never thought FHM would claim intellectual superiority to anything...

RD, on that note why do i know that The Animals - House of the Rising Sun was released in 1964?
avatar
PieEater
Conference
Conference

Number of posts : 350
Registration date : 2009-04-10
Age : 39

Back to top Go down

Re: NME's Top 50 Albums Of This Decade

Post by Roverdamus on Wed Nov 18, 2009 12:14 am

Willy wrote:
Roverdamus wrote:
wilsbowski wrote:yeah never got Bizzarre magazine. Always used to get people reading it in the shop for ages, so checked out what was inside and could only come to the copnclusion that they were freaks

God forgotten about football magazines. Think I was a shoot boy but couldn't be sure. Just remember my sisters saying I was gay for having posters of men on my wall. Reluctantly took them down on the eve of my 22nd birthday.

Never really read fourfourtwo, remember when I glanced at it at a friends house when I was about 10 though. There was a wordsearch on the back page and claer as day it spelt "dickhead" going down the last column. Don't know why that memory has implanted itself on my brain

I love it when that happens. I can remember the most insignificant shite from fucking ages ago, sometimes more clearly than what happened last week.

And yet you don't smoke cannabis. That's a pretty impressive feat, young Liam.

Not really.
avatar
Roverdamus
Champions League
Champions League

Number of posts : 7821
Registration date : 2008-10-26
Age : 23

Back to top Go down

Re: NME's Top 50 Albums Of This Decade

Post by Guest on Wed Nov 18, 2009 12:16 am

God had forgotten about them wall charts, wish I had one now.

I was 9, 10, 11 when I was getting the mag just around the same time we were successful so had loads of posters. Remember having an argument with my oldest sister because the centefold had shearer on one side and Bryan Robson on the other. She had a thing for Bryan Robson for some reason

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: NME's Top 50 Albums Of This Decade

Post by Willy on Wed Nov 18, 2009 12:19 am

Roverdamus wrote:
Willy wrote:
Roverdamus wrote:
wilsbowski wrote:yeah never got Bizzarre magazine. Always used to get people reading it in the shop for ages, so checked out what was inside and could only come to the copnclusion that they were freaks

God forgotten about football magazines. Think I was a shoot boy but couldn't be sure. Just remember my sisters saying I was gay for having posters of men on my wall. Reluctantly took them down on the eve of my 22nd birthday.

Never really read fourfourtwo, remember when I glanced at it at a friends house when I was about 10 though. There was a wordsearch on the back page and claer as day it spelt "dickhead" going down the last column. Don't know why that memory has implanted itself on my brain

I love it when that happens. I can remember the most insignificant shite from fucking ages ago, sometimes more clearly than what happened last week.

And yet you don't smoke cannabis. That's a pretty impressive feat, young Liam.

Not really.

I was making the point that long-term memory being better than short-term memory is usually the main trait of a pothead.
avatar
Willy
Admin

Number of posts : 9875
Registration date : 2008-11-01
Location : Burn-leh
Age : 33

Back to top Go down

Re: NME's Top 50 Albums Of This Decade

Post by Guest on Wed Nov 18, 2009 12:21 am

PieEater wrote:Wilbs, you're Nuts generally speaking, though not in the magazine sense obviously, that's an idiots FHM. Bet you never thought FHM would claim intellectual superiority to anything...

We're Nuts. You're part of the community now Pie, unless you were just singling me out. In which case you are "Good Food"

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: NME's Top 50 Albums Of This Decade

Post by Guest on Wed Nov 18, 2009 12:22 am

What was your point again willy?

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: NME's Top 50 Albums Of This Decade

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum