Fortress Ewood
Please Log In or Register to view the full content of the Forum, including latest Rovers news, other football news, Live Links to Rovers Matches, Streaming Movies and TV Shows etc.

Torrent People

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Torrent People

Post by Guest on Fri Oct 23, 2009 2:21 pm

Found this the other night, pretty large download

http://www.mininova.org/tor/3056684

Your only taking money away from Rovers though!!

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Torrent People

Post by DodgyGambit on Fri Oct 23, 2009 2:52 pm

wils just the man i need to speak to.

I've been using Ares to download my music lately but recently it stopped connecting...is there a site that you know of which is just as good. Not Kazaa or limewire as Ive heard they have too many viruses.

_________________
I'm not a 1 minute brother........I'm a sixty second Annihilator!!
avatar
DodgyGambit
Admin

Number of posts : 5618
Registration date : 2008-10-06
Location : Birmingham
Age : 36

http://fortressewood.forumsmotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Torrent People

Post by Guest on Fri Oct 23, 2009 2:57 pm

Stop using Ares completely. Download uTorrent.

Wils, that file download is going to chug along desperately. There are some thick bastard people in Blackburn who will download it and not seed it back because they don't understand the concept (and etiquette) of p2p.

Downloads: 108 (doesn't necessarily imply a full download but still) there should be more than 4 seeds.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Torrent People

Post by Guest on Fri Oct 23, 2009 3:04 pm

Why am I the man to talk to? Don't even know what ares is. I've just used torrents to download music for last 4 years or there abouts. I use software called vuze but as dd mentioned there is also utorrent which I imagine is something similar.

Took me about 36 hours to Download dd, I've already seeded 200% but have gone away for the weekend now.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Torrent People

Post by Guest on Fri Oct 23, 2009 3:07 pm

wilsbowski wrote:Why am I the man to talk to? Don't even know what ares is. I've just used torrents to download music for last 4 years or there abouts. I use software called vuze but as dd mentioned there is also utorrent which I imagine is something similar.

Took me about 36 hours to Download dd, I've already seeded 200% but have gone away for the weekend now.

Fair play to you for keeping it alive. I doubt there is much public interest in this file though (and intelligent life in Blackburn) to keep this going for much longer though. uTorrent is a client, it's basic and highly effective at what it needs to do. It requires the user to find the torrents though. Stupid people use the ones that have internal p2p systems (between users in the same client such as Limewire).

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Torrent People

Post by DodgyGambit on Fri Oct 23, 2009 4:19 pm

can u post a link of where to d/l it from so its ready for me to start downloading when i get home

also would i find the music on there or search for them elsewhere?

_________________
I'm not a 1 minute brother........I'm a sixty second Annihilator!!
avatar
DodgyGambit
Admin

Number of posts : 5618
Registration date : 2008-10-06
Location : Birmingham
Age : 36

http://fortressewood.forumsmotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Torrent People

Post by Guest on Fri Oct 23, 2009 5:09 pm

The most reliable torrent directories are www.isohunt.com & www.mininova.org though I have personal preference to the former. Files are usually available if they are new and active in terms of public interest. More niche interests are more difficult to come accross but then it depends on how how hard you look, and to know what you need to be looking for when it comes to your search results. Isohunt have a comment and feedback system that is there for you to avoid spam, junk and in worse cases malware, adware and virii. All these things you probably have or would have at some point from using Limewire, or another client for the like.

uTorrent is here http://www.utorrent.com/ - it does exactly what it says on the tin. No fuck arsey adverts, no gay spam, virii, sign up fees, registration etc. Just a simple, clean productive client that requires you only to find your torrent via the sites listed above and for you to click download. uTorrent will open on its own and do the rest for you. If the file isn't downloading once uTorrent has sussed out the torrent, then you have picked a shitty torrent.

http://www.utorrent.com/documentation/beginners-guide

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Torrent People

Post by DodgyGambit on Fri Oct 23, 2009 6:57 pm

Thanks DD

_________________
I'm not a 1 minute brother........I'm a sixty second Annihilator!!
avatar
DodgyGambit
Admin

Number of posts : 5618
Registration date : 2008-10-06
Location : Birmingham
Age : 36

http://fortressewood.forumsmotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Torrent People

Post by arover on Sat Oct 24, 2009 2:46 pm

Diamond Dust wrote:The most reliable torrent directories are www.isohunt.com & www.mininova.org though I have personal preference to the former. Files are usually available if they are new and active in terms of public interest. More niche interests are more difficult to come accross but then it depends on how how hard you look, and to know what you need to be looking for when it comes to your search results. Isohunt have a comment and feedback system that is there for you to avoid spam, junk and in worse cases malware, adware and virii. All these things you probably have or would have at some point from using Limewire, or another client for the like.

uTorrent is here http://www.utorrent.com/ - it does exactly what it says on the tin. No fuck arsey adverts, no gay spam, virii, sign up fees, registration etc. Just a simple, clean productive client that requires you only to find your torrent via the sites listed above and for you to click download. uTorrent will open on its own and do the rest for you. If the file isn't downloading once uTorrent has sussed out the torrent, then you have picked a shitty torrent.

http://www.utorrent.com/documentation/beginners-guide

Exactly as you say.

Up until very recently I was using Demonoid too but that one's just gone haywire.
avatar
arover
Premiership
Premiership

Number of posts : 3649
Registration date : 2008-10-10
Location : Turkey
Age : 61

Back to top Go down

Re: Torrent People

Post by Guest on Sun Oct 25, 2009 3:34 pm

arover wrote:
Exactly as you say.

Up until very recently I was using Demonoid too but that one's just gone haywire.

any chance of a demonoid invite arover?

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Torrent People

Post by thebluehalf on Sun Oct 25, 2009 7:24 pm

I use www.btjunkie.com

Never had a problem with any nasties.
avatar
thebluehalf
Conference
Conference

Number of posts : 308
Registration date : 2009-05-10
Location : Oxenforde

Back to top Go down

Re: Torrent People

Post by Reidy Youre a Star on Mon Oct 26, 2009 9:28 am

Diamond Dust wrote:
wilsbowski wrote:Why am I the man to talk to? Don't even know what ares is. I've just used torrents to download music for last 4 years or there abouts. I use software called vuze but as dd mentioned there is also utorrent which I imagine is something similar.

Took me about 36 hours to Download dd, I've already seeded 200% but have gone away for the weekend now.

Fair play to you for keeping it alive. I doubt there is much public interest in this file though (and intelligent life in Blackburn) to keep this going for much longer though. uTorrent is a client, it's basic and highly effective at what it needs to do. It requires the user to find the torrents though. Stupid people use the ones that have internal p2p systems (between users in the same client such as Limewire).

I've used Limewire for years now and have had absolutely no problems with it at all. It does what it's meant to and it's pretty quick. There is absolutely nothing wrong with Limewire. Type in what you're after, download it.. exatly the same as all the others you're talking about. Put it this way, I've got a good 20gb+ (at least) of music and film on my pc and over half of it is downloaded and every one of them is from Limewire.

So in short, you're talking out of your bum hole DD.
avatar
Reidy Youre a Star
Championship
Championship

Number of posts : 1840
Registration date : 2008-10-06
Location : Blackburn
Age : 34

Back to top Go down

Re: Torrent People

Post by DodgyGambit on Mon Oct 26, 2009 9:50 am

you would only get a nasty if you start to d/l the naughty movies

_________________
I'm not a 1 minute brother........I'm a sixty second Annihilator!!
avatar
DodgyGambit
Admin

Number of posts : 5618
Registration date : 2008-10-06
Location : Birmingham
Age : 36

http://fortressewood.forumsmotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Torrent People

Post by Guest on Mon Oct 26, 2009 9:58 am

No I'm not Reidy. Limewire is quite easily the most traceable p2p application that exists. In short, you are highly susceptible to having legal documents handed to your ass for ripping off hundreds of artists/directors. However, you're obviously happy with what you're doing so who am I to tell you otherwise.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Torrent People

Post by Reidy Youre a Star on Mon Oct 26, 2009 11:44 am

I'll give you that point, but realistically, how likely is it that anybody is going to have any sort of legal document handed to them for downloading music/video? It will happen to a small minority who take the piss and have thousands upon thousands of files downloading every week, but the average guy in the street won't even be a blip on anyone's radar. So, why should people be put off using Limewire when it's easily the quickest and simplest tool for doing the job?


Anyway, I'm not arsed what else anyone uses or trying to convert people to my way of thinking/doing things, I just took a slight exception to being (indirectly) called stupid. As you were..
avatar
Reidy Youre a Star
Championship
Championship

Number of posts : 1840
Registration date : 2008-10-06
Location : Blackburn
Age : 34

Back to top Go down

Re: Torrent People

Post by Guest on Mon Oct 26, 2009 2:22 pm

Ok, perhaps an indirect insult. I'll take that back. My feelings regarding Limewire however will not change.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Torrent People

Post by Guest on Thu Oct 29, 2009 1:59 am

DD did you get this downloaded? I'm about to seed for 15 hours, no guarantee on upload speed though

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Torrent People

Post by Guest on Thu Oct 29, 2009 12:05 pm

Get what downloaded Wils?

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Torrent People

Post by Roverdamus on Thu Oct 29, 2009 11:09 pm

The thingy at the start of the thread.
avatar
Roverdamus
Champions League
Champions League

Number of posts : 7821
Registration date : 2008-10-26
Age : 23

Back to top Go down

Re: Torrent People

Post by Guest on Thu Oct 29, 2009 11:26 pm

Of course, sorry. I'm becoming forgetful lately. I haven't downloaded it Wils. Not particularly interested to be honest, without intending to sound rude.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Torrent People

Post by PieEater on Sat Nov 07, 2009 1:01 am

Mmmmmmmm free stuff!
avatar
PieEater
Conference
Conference

Number of posts : 350
Registration date : 2009-04-10
Age : 40

Back to top Go down

Re: Torrent People

Post by Rover the Sea on Mon Nov 16, 2009 10:06 am

Can I just pick the brains of some of you "Download" people? I've only started to download some music recently via torrents and not sure how the upload/seeding thing works?

Am I supposed to just let it carry on after download to "re-load" it and provide another "seed"?

Is that it? scratch
avatar
Rover the Sea
Premiership
Premiership

Number of posts : 3177
Registration date : 2008-11-19
Location : Belfast, N.I.

Back to top Go down

Re: Torrent People

Post by Guest on Mon Nov 16, 2009 10:21 am

It is common courtesy to do so but not everyone does, people who don't are known as leechers.

Depending on how rare the torrent is depends on how long I will "seed" it, if I download a major film or latest episode of a TV series I normally only seed until I have given 100% back. If it’s an album by some obscure band I will seed it to about 1000%.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Torrent People

Post by Rover the Sea on Mon Nov 16, 2009 10:30 am

...so will this seeding carry on for as long as you leave it?

Also do you need to protect yourself, whilst seeding, from outsiders intruding? I heard someine in work talk about "Peer Gaurdian" or the like to protect yourself???
avatar
Rover the Sea
Premiership
Premiership

Number of posts : 3177
Registration date : 2008-11-19
Location : Belfast, N.I.

Back to top Go down

Re: Torrent People

Post by Guest on Mon Nov 16, 2009 10:46 am

Well I use Vuze and when the download is completed the file is in my downloads file. I will then seed the file until I either remove it from my upload list in vuze or move the file from my download file. If your using utorrent your better off asking DD, but I imagine it will be the same.

Not heard of "peer guardian" and can't say I have had any problems with anything I've ever downloaded

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Torrent People

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum