Fortress Ewood
Please Log In or Register to view the full content of the Forum, including latest Rovers news, other football news, Live Links to Rovers Matches, Streaming Movies and TV Shows etc.

Could not put it better my self! Our England

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Could not put it better my self! Our England

Post by blackburndan on Tue Oct 06, 2009 12:12 pm

ENGLAND

This really sums it all up.

Last year many towns & cities did not want to offend other cultures by putting up Christmas lights, so DIDN'T!

British Red Cross shops were instructed not to display Christmas decorations lest they cause offence.


Birmingham council has let a Muslim woman have her picture on her driver's licence with her face covered.

After hearing of a Primary School in Nottingham where a boy was told that for PE they could wear Football League shirts (Aston Villa, Man United Spurs etc) but NOT an England shirt as it could offend others !

IT MUST BE TIME IMMIGRANTS, NOT BRITONS, MUST ADAPT.

Take It Or Leave It. I am tired of this nation worrying about whether we are offending some individual or their culture. Since the terrorist attacks in London , we experienced a surge in patriotism by the majority of Brits.

However, the 'politically correct' crowd are again complaining about the possibility that our patriotism is offending others.

I am not against immigration, nor do I hold a grudge against anyone who is seeking a better life by coming to Britain . However, there are a few things that those who have recently come to our country, and apparently some born here, need to understand.

This idea of England being a multicultural centre for community has served only to dilute our sovereignty and our national identity.

As Britons, we have our own culture, our own society, our own language and our own lifestyle. This culture has been developed over centuries of wars, struggles, trials and victories fought by the untold masses of men and women who laid down their lives and of the millions of men and women who have sought freedom.

We speak ENGLISH, not Spanish, Lebanese, Arabic, Chinese, Japanese, Russian, or any other language. Therefore, if you wish to become part of our society, learn the language!


If God offends you, then I suggest you consider another part of the world as your new home, because God is part of our culture. If St. George's cross offends you, then you should seriously consider a move to another part of this planet.

We are happy with our culture and have no desire to change, and we really don't care how you did things where you came from. This is OUR COUNTRY, OUR LAND, and OUR LIFESTYLE, and we will allow you every opportunity to enjoy all this.

But once you are done complaining, whining, and griping about Our Flag, Our Pledge, Our National Motto, or Our Way of Life, I encourage you take advantage of one other great British freedom, 'THE RIGHT TO LEAVE'.

We didn't force you to come here. If you don't like it GO HOME!!

You asked to be here.. So accept the country that accepted YOU. Pretty easy really, when you think about it..

If we all keep passing this to our friends (and enemies) it will also, sooner or later get back to the complainers, lets all try, please.

No matter how many times you receive it... please forward it to all you know
avatar
blackburndan
League One
League One

Number of posts : 951
Registration date : 2009-01-31
Location : Tenerife
Age : 37

Back to top Go down

Re: Could not put it better my self! Our England

Post by DodgyGambit on Tue Oct 06, 2009 12:38 pm

I think you got a few things wrong there Dan
I agree we should be allowed to wear England shirts, wave England flags, put up xmas decorations etc...but i think you'll find that its not the immigrants that complain about it. Its the PC brigade who are british themselves. In Birmingham a few years ago a sign that said Merry Xmas to all in bright shining lights had to be taken down and replaced with Festive greetings or summin stupid like that because the council said it would cause offence. A muslim rally was organised in protest of it being changed to Festive Greetings as they believe that they were not offended with the sign in the first place and if anything it caused more agro for them by people incorrectly thinking it was they who had made the complaint..which seems to be what you seem to think as well.

_________________
I'm not a 1 minute brother........I'm a sixty second Annihilator!!
avatar
DodgyGambit
Admin

Number of posts : 5618
Registration date : 2008-10-06
Location : Birmingham
Age : 35

http://fortressewood.forumsmotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Could not put it better my self! Our England

Post by African Rover on Tue Oct 06, 2009 12:40 pm

Just to play Devil's Advocate, what about all the countries England went and colonised and forced their way of life on the inhabitiants? Did those countries not have the right to continue their own culture unopposed? I'm for the whole patriotism thing, just interested to hear the answers.
avatar
African Rover
Championship
Championship

Number of posts : 1005
Registration date : 2008-11-03
Location : South Africa
Age : 30

Back to top Go down

Re: Could not put it better my self! Our England

Post by blackburndan on Tue Oct 06, 2009 1:19 pm

DodgyGambit wrote:I think you got a few things wrong there Dan
I agree we should be allowed to wear England shirts, wave England flags, put up xmas decorations etc...but i think you'll find that its not the immigrants that complain about it. Its the PC brigade who are british themselves. In Birmingham a few years ago a sign that said Merry Xmas to all in bright shining lights had to be taken down and replaced with Festive greetings or summin stupid like that because the council said it would cause offence. A muslim rally was organised in protest of it being changed to Festive Greetings as they believe that they were not offended with the sign in the first place and if anything it caused more agro for them by people incorrectly thinking it was they who had made the complaint..which seems to be what you seem to think as well.

Sorry Dodgy missed your point there please explain what I seem to think?
avatar
blackburndan
League One
League One

Number of posts : 951
Registration date : 2009-01-31
Location : Tenerife
Age : 37

Back to top Go down

Re: Could not put it better my self! Our England

Post by Willy on Tue Oct 06, 2009 1:23 pm

DodgyGambit wrote:I think you got a few things wrong there Dan
I agree we should be allowed to wear England shirts, wave England flags, put up xmas decorations etc...but i think you'll find that its not the immigrants that complain about it. Its the PC brigade who are british themselves.

You're right, it's the suited dickheads who get offended on other people's behalves that say all this shit.



African Rover wrote:Just to play Devil's Advocate, what about all the countries England went and colonised and forced their way of life on the inhabitiants? Did those countries not have the right to continue their own culture unopposed? I'm for the whole patriotism thing, just interested to hear the answers.

Fucking RtS over here! Wink

Nah, but seriously, you're right. We don't really have too much room to talk when it comes to stuff like this. England was an utter bastard to people in the past, so we have to be careful what we complain about and remember that we aren't so innocent and halo-wearing ourselves. However, political correctness when it comes to tradition really does bug me. Personally I couldn't give a shit about a St George or a Union Jack, I'm just not into it, but if people want to fly them then that's up to them. As I said above in reply to DG, it's fat politicians sat around tables who make this shit up and then the BNP jump on it and use it as propaganda. The government pretty much helped to create the BNP so they could have something worse around to make THEM look better. Do people really believe that Labour or the Conservatives DON'T want the BNP around? Please, it's the creation of an illusion to keep people arguing amongst themselves while other parties sneak in through the back door and fuck us in the arse.

People are deluded and rarely look beyond the surface of what's fed to them. It's a shame, because if more people realised these things then we WOULD be a 'United' Kingdom.
avatar
Willy
Admin

Number of posts : 9875
Registration date : 2008-11-01
Location : Burn-leh
Age : 33

Back to top Go down

Re: Could not put it better my self! Our England

Post by African Rover on Tue Oct 06, 2009 1:49 pm

I think people everywhere just need to harden the fuck up and realise not everyone (barely anyone in fact) is here to make their lives easier and pussyfoot around their sensibilities. Also all that colony shit is the past, from a different generation with a different mindset, so it's not really a valid point anyway, was just curious to hear what you gents think.... and RG if she's still on here Smile
avatar
African Rover
Championship
Championship

Number of posts : 1005
Registration date : 2008-11-03
Location : South Africa
Age : 30

Back to top Go down

Re: Could not put it better my self! Our England

Post by randomsam on Tue Oct 06, 2009 3:13 pm

Dan, I noticed what you put was basically a chain letter. Most, if not all of the "facts" on there will be rumours and misinformation. I'm not saying that as a country we aren't leaning too much towards political correctness, becase we are. My mate who's a pcso isnt allowed to ask for black or white coffee for example, which is utterly ridiculous.

However, my main point is that these types of chain letters that go around are designed to make us angry and to nudge us further and further towards an extreme point of view, such as that of the BNP where in the end we all end up thinking that we want immigrants out and england for whites etc.

You have to understand that nearly all the people in england who form part of a minority are as law abiding, open to other ideas, and generally sociable as the white british majority. However when there are individuals within a minority group who commit crimes, act unsociably or do not integrate into british culture they stand out so much more than a white british person would because simply being part of a minority makes you more obvious in a crowd.

So, I ask you to think before you copy and paste posts like that simply because you think you agree with some of its sentiments, because the message it sends out can be quite negative and harmful.

randomsam
Conference
Conference

Number of posts : 420
Registration date : 2008-12-20
Location : Burton On Trent/Worcester
Age : 27

Back to top Go down

Re: Could not put it better my self! Our England

Post by OldhamRover on Tue Oct 06, 2009 3:22 pm

First, to applaud Sam's sentiments.

Britain doesn't have a culture that the population are willing to defend. The threat is not immigration, it is that we are willing to exchange our principles to advance our material desires.

Ours is a mongrel society anyway, the legacy of invasions and a recent attempt to embrace immigration.

None of us have a birthright to determine who can or cannot live here, and it is especially ironic that we are so keen to tell others they are not welcome when few, if any, of us are indigenous to this island.

Finally, could we please cease with the discussions about St. George's cross and Christmas. Neither of those are British, and neither offers a reason to be proud in their modern form.
avatar
OldhamRover
Premiership
Premiership

Number of posts : 5445
Registration date : 2008-10-26
Age : 29

Back to top Go down

Re: Could not put it better my self! Our England

Post by arover on Tue Oct 06, 2009 5:20 pm

randomsam wrote:Dan, I noticed what you put was basically a chain letter. Most, if not all of the "facts" on there will be rumours and misinformation. I'm not saying that as a country we aren't leaning too much towards political correctness, becase we are. My mate who's a pcso isnt allowed to ask for black or white coffee for example, which is utterly ridiculous.

However, my main point is that these types of chain letters that go around are designed to make us angry and to nudge us further and further towards an extreme point of view, such as that of the BNP where in the end we all end up thinking that we want immigrants out and england for whites etc.

You have to understand that nearly all the people in england who form part of a minority are as law abiding, open to other ideas, and generally sociable as the white british majority. However when there are individuals within a minority group who commit crimes, act unsociably or do not integrate into british culture they stand out so much more than a white british person would because simply being part of a minority makes you more obvious in a crowd.

So, I ask you to think before you copy and paste posts like that simply because you think you agree with some of its sentiments, because the message it sends out can be quite negative and harmful.

Right on Sam I'm going with that all the way.

cheers
avatar
arover
Premiership
Premiership

Number of posts : 3649
Registration date : 2008-10-10
Location : Turkey
Age : 61

Back to top Go down

Re: Could not put it better my self! Our England

Post by rob_of_the_robots on Tue Oct 06, 2009 5:28 pm

randomsam wrote:My mate who's a pcso isnt allowed to ask for black or white coffee for example, which is utterly ridiculous.

I don't even like coffee but I'd ask for a black coffee just to spite the bastards.

_________________
avatar
rob_of_the_robots
Champions League
Champions League

Number of posts : 7840
Registration date : 2008-11-27
Location : Church (The location not the place of worship)
Age : 27

Back to top Go down

Re: Could not put it better my self! Our England

Post by Willy on Tue Oct 06, 2009 5:30 pm

No, you'd do it because you're a huge ra...

Okay, lemme stop. Wink

Been some good posts on this topic, in particular OR's and random's, but no matter how many times these things are discussed, we'll never have enough people believing the same thing to be able to put up any united front against this kind of thing.

Proper shame. Sad
avatar
Willy
Admin

Number of posts : 9875
Registration date : 2008-11-01
Location : Burn-leh
Age : 33

Back to top Go down

Re: Could not put it better my self! Our England

Post by blackburndan on Tue Oct 06, 2009 5:37 pm

You know I do partly agree with you about the BNP and such but I don't like our traditions changing! Xmas is Xmas leave it be!

We are very fickle like where I am now they celebrate Paddy's day bigger than Saint George's day and I ask why? Simple they party better!

I made my choice! When I got to the point that it pissed me of that much I moved abroad and guess what I live by there rules! Thats my choice!

But as most of you said there are valid points in that chain letter and you all know it!
avatar
blackburndan
League One
League One

Number of posts : 951
Registration date : 2009-01-31
Location : Tenerife
Age : 37

Back to top Go down

Re: Could not put it better my self! Our England

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum