Fortress Ewood
Please Log In or Register to view the full content of the Forum, including latest Rovers news, other football news, Live Links to Rovers Matches, Streaming Movies and TV Shows etc.

halls of residence (well, just halls really. but that would have been less than ten characters)

View previous topic View next topic Go down

halls of residence (well, just halls really. but that would have been less than ten characters)

Post by randomsam on Sun Sep 20, 2009 11:18 pm

Moved in today, my room is massive! Very Happy not looking forward to all the cooking and washing I'll have to do though Sad

randomsam
Conference
Conference

Number of posts : 420
Registration date : 2008-12-20

Back to top Go down

Re: halls of residence (well, just halls really. but that would have been less than ten characters)

Post by Samba on Mon Sep 21, 2009 8:12 am

Halls aint bad. wait till you get a proper flat and then you have bills and council tax to pay

thats when it gets bad
Samba
Sunday League
Sunday League

Number of posts : 181
Registration date : 2008-10-13

Back to top Go down

Re: halls of residence (well, just halls really. but that would have been less than ten characters)

Post by DodgyGambit on Tue Sep 22, 2009 8:59 am

you dont need 10 characters anymore now

Also halls suck, it was cheaper to rent with peeps you already know, no council tax as students dont need to pay

The halls that my mates stayed at were awful, the shared kitchen is a no no its only a matter of time b4 sum1 steals your milk

Admin

Number of posts : 5618
Registration date : 2008-10-06

http://fortressewood.forumsmotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by randomsam on Tue Sep 22, 2009 2:31 pm

well so far its going ok, no-one looks like a theif :P

the cost is stupid though, I doubt I could afford more than a year of living in halls.

randomsam
Conference
Conference

Back to top Go down

Post by OldhamRover on Tue Sep 22, 2009 4:19 pm

I was too lazy to fill out the form for accomodation, so in my first year I was searching for somewhere to live two days before freshers week began. I ended up sharing a house with 4 people who didn't know each other and it was hell. Toothpaste, toilet roll, shaving cream, food, rent cheques, and clothes were all stolen at some point that year (not all from me). Loud music and pungent odours emanated from some rooms, and the cleaning of the communal areas was like a game of chicken, the first one to decide the kitchen and bathroom had reached an unacceptable level cleaned them all year.

I also spent a few months at uni stepping over letters informing the occupants that we were to be prosecuted for not having a TV licence, but the only thing I learned from that is that "final warning" is a hollow threat, and if you ignore the letters for long enough they'll give up or you'll move out.
OldhamRover
Premiership
Premiership

Number of posts : 5445
Registration date : 2008-10-26

Back to top Go down

Post by randomsam on Tue Sep 22, 2009 10:18 pm

doesn't sound like you had a very good time tbh, what about after your first year?

randomsam
Conference
Conference

Back to top Go down

Post by OldhamRover on Tue Sep 22, 2009 10:43 pm

It was alright. The trick was to spend as little time in the house as possible, and once I learned to enjoy exacting revenge on the others I started to look forward to the next bout.

Second year I lived with more people who didn't know each other. They were alright, except one guy who never came out of his room.

Third year I lived with my girlfriend and three others who I'd never met. That was a very up and down year.
OldhamRover
Premiership
Premiership

Number of posts : 5445

Back to top Go down

Post by randomsam on Tue Sep 22, 2009 11:19 pm

I suppose a lot of it's down to luck really

randomsam
Conference
Conference

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Tue Sep 22, 2009 11:32 pm

SMOKE WEED EVERYDAY.

Back to top Go down

Post by Willy on Wed Sep 23, 2009 12:00 am

lol!
Willy
Admin

Number of posts : 9875
Registration date : 2008-11-01

Back to top Go down

Post by Samba on Wed Sep 23, 2009 8:01 am

Halls are stupidly expensive this year. My girlfriend has got a proper flat with her mate and thats cheaper than it would be to stay halls this year.

I only ever stayed in halls when i was at uni just cus they were across the road from uni.

Mostly they were good but i did have a really annoying flat mate in first year. he has a huge sub in his room and he put it against the wall that joined to my room. every so often my whole wall would shake when he put it on. the guys upstairs kept complaining cus the sub shook their floor. it was stupid, you couldnt hear the music over the rumble of the sub
Samba
Sunday League
Sunday League

Number of posts : 181
Registration date : 2008-10-13

Back to top Go down

Post by randomsam on Wed Sep 23, 2009 12:52 pm

Diamond Dust wrote:SMOKE WEED EVERYDAY.

:smokin:

randomsam
Conference
Conference

Back to top Go down

Post by Reidy Youre a Star on Wed Sep 23, 2009 1:10 pm

Halls are alright to meet new people and get some good sessions going, etc. but I left* the halls at Christmas in my first year and got my own flat. I can tell you it's a bit more responsibility (paying bills and other shit) but the freedom to sit in your underpants smoking copious amounts of the ganja and playing the playstaion all Tuesday afternoon will make your balls tingle :-bd :

*Got kicked out of

(Warning: following the above example may cause failing of your first year (twice) and severe boredum stacking shelves in Sainsburys.)
Reidy Youre a Star
Championship
Championship

Number of posts : 1840

Back to top Go down

Post by RW on Wed Sep 23, 2009 6:37 pm

Huh, seems I was lucky in halls. Met a friend who I lived with for the following three years and another good mate, just from my flat of 6 rooms. Of course the other three were an uber goth (I have nothing against them, they're just not the most people-person-er-people), the world's most boring man and a girl who (we think) tried to commit sooeeside. She's alright now though apparantly. A doctor too.

So 2 out of 5 ain't bad.

Then 3 years living with the same 3 mates, with one extra body rotating each year. One of which was a psycho woman.

But yeah, move out after the first year with into a house with mates. Tis much more fun, plus you get a proper lounge to do, well, whatever in.
RW
Championship
Championship

Number of posts : 1047

Back to top Go down

Post by Willy on Wed Sep 23, 2009 8:18 pm

RW wrote:a girl who (we think) tried to commit sooeeside. She's alright now though apparantly. A doctor too.

At least she can prescribe her own anti-depressants, then. drunken
Willy
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by arover on Wed Sep 23, 2009 9:13 pm

It's a student pub.

Paul hates fucking students.
arover
Premiership
Premiership

Number of posts : 3649
Registration date : 2008-10-10

Back to top Go down

Post by Willy on Wed Sep 23, 2009 9:21 pm

Who is Paul? scratch
Willy
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Roverdamus on Wed Sep 23, 2009 9:28 pm

I was thinking that. Is arover called Paul?
Roverdamus
Champions League
Champions League

Number of posts : 7821

Back to top Go down

Post by arover on Thu Sep 24, 2009 6:38 am

Bit disappointed at you there Willy & Damus. I suppose it was a bit obscure though, a Coogan creation:

"Paul Calf first began as a character named 'Duncan Disorderly' in Coogan's early stand-up routines. Calf first came to wider public notice in 1993 with several appearances on Saturday Zoo, a late night variety show presented by Jonathan Ross on Channel 4. Paul has appeared in two video diaries, an episode of Coogan's Run, and in various stand-up performances. He is an unemployed Mancunian wastrel with a particular hatred of students. His catchphrase is "Bag of shite."

Paul lives in a council house in the fictional town of Ottle with his mother and his sister, Pauline Calf (also played by Coogan). His father died some time before the first video diary was made. For a long time he was obsessed with getting back together with his ex-girlfriend, Julie. Paul's best friend is "Fat" Bob (played by John Thomson), a car mechanic who eventually married Pauline. Paul supports Manchester City and is very partial to Wagon Wheels. He wears Burton suits, sports a bleached mullet and drives a Ford Cortina.

arover
Premiership
Premiership

Back to top Go down

Post by arover on Thu Sep 24, 2009 6:40 am

Roverdamus wrote:I was thinking that. Is arover called Paul?

No I'm called arover.
arover
Premiership
Premiership

Back to top Go down

Post by Rover the Sea on Thu Sep 24, 2009 9:06 am

Fat Bob, Bob the blob, Blobby Bob. Excellent!!

Students, Bag'o'shite!!!

Premiership
Premiership

Number of posts : 3177
Registration date : 2008-11-19

Back to top Go down

Post by arover on Thu Sep 24, 2009 10:03 am

Rover the Sea wrote:Fat Bob, Bob the blob, Blobby Bob. Excellent!!

Students, Bag'o'shite!!!

Bang on Sea.
arover
Premiership
Premiership

Back to top Go down

Post by Willy on Thu Sep 24, 2009 12:34 pm

Should've had that one, really. I've seen Coogan do that character fucking LIVE in Blackpool. Embarassed

Duncan Thicket was a classic one as well. I miss Steve. Sad
Willy
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by arover on Thu Sep 24, 2009 2:23 pm

Willy wrote:Should've had that one, really. I've seen Coogan do that character fucking LIVE in Blackpool. Embarassed

Duncan Thicket was a classic one as well. I miss Steve. Sad

A mate of mine out here went to school with him.
arover
Premiership
Premiership

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top