Fortress Ewood
Please Log In or Register to view the full content of the Forum, including latest Rovers news, other football news, Live Links to Rovers Matches, Streaming Movies and TV Shows etc.

Cheating at the Lottery

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Cheating at the Lottery

Post by Guest on Wed Sep 09, 2009 11:10 pm

Shit video of it in case you missed it

Better vid

Back to top Go down

Post by DeadlyRovers on Wed Sep 09, 2009 11:39 pm

I saw it and there are a few people creaming themselves about what they have seen. But i'll wait and see what line he spins on Friday about how he did it first.

Snooker-The beautiful game.
DeadlyRovers
Premiership
Premiership

Number of posts : 3966
Registration date : 2008-10-06

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Wed Sep 09, 2009 11:51 pm

I'd imagine everyone on here is sensible enough to realise that it is just an illusion, just want to know how its done!! Not canceling my friday night plans for it though

Back to top Go down

Post by Willy on Thu Sep 10, 2009 12:59 am

Well, that was thrilling.
Willy
Admin

Number of posts : 9875
Registration date : 2008-11-01

Back to top Go down

Post by Rover the Sea on Thu Sep 10, 2009 7:53 am

He's a twat, he should've done it for the Euro-millions the other week and scooped around €150m.

Premiership
Premiership

Number of posts : 3177
Registration date : 2008-11-19

Back to top Go down

Post by rob_of_the_robots on Thu Sep 10, 2009 9:08 am

I was a bit disappointed that he didn't reveal the numbers before the draw, but then I suppose that would have been impossible. He's tricked us somehow and I get the feeling he'll have some sort of crappy explanation of how he did it (like the horse racing thing). I prefer it more when he's messing with people's heads like he did with the zombie arcade game thing.

Champions League

Number of posts : 7840
Registration date : 2008-11-27

Back to top Go down

Post by DodgyGambit on Thu Sep 10, 2009 9:26 am

yep i watched it yesterday too, i kept my eyes on the stand he didnt change anything. Few things which didnt make sense. Why was Derren secluded surely at 10:45pm no one could have played the numbers so wouldnt matter if there were 2 cameramen or 1000peeps there, they cant win it.

Why would camelot say only they can show the numbers first before any1 else, surely this is kinda saying the system can be broken and predicted. He must have changed the balls somehow, otherwise there is no reason for any1 not to go onto tv and say this is my prediction for the lottery today.

Admin

Number of posts : 5618

http://fortressewood.forumsmotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Willy on Thu Sep 10, 2009 11:15 am

rob_of_the_robots wrote:I was a bit disappointed that he didn't reveal the numbers before the draw, but then I suppose that would have been impossible. He's tricked us somehow and I get the feeling he'll have some sort of crappy explanation of how he did it (like the horse racing thing). I prefer it more when he's messing with people's heads like he did with the zombie arcade game thing.

Agree, Rob. That zombie game one was by far the best thing he's done.

"I've got a gun, you know!!" lol!

People are saying that if he could actually predict the lottery numbers then why wouldn't he just do it every week and be a winner. Pretty stupid thing to say, really. It's not like Camelot would actually pay him the money when they know what he's capable of. Plus, I'm pretty sure he was banned from making bets of any kind in this country when he did the horse racing thing.
Willy
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by StLedge on Thu Sep 10, 2009 11:24 am

I must have missed the zombie thing, what happened?
StLedge
Admin

Number of posts : 10904

Back to top Go down

Post by Willy on Thu Sep 10, 2009 11:28 am

Better to just show you than tell you (ooh, errr!!). It was hella funny, though.

Couldn't seem to find it on YouTube for whatever reason, so it'll have to be the Google Video version. It's 15 minutes long, though.

http://video.google.co.uk/videoplay?docid=-2428437236878343763#
Willy
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by StLedge on Thu Sep 10, 2009 12:13 pm

that is quite funny

"I'll shoot ya"
StLedge
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by RW on Thu Sep 10, 2009 1:05 pm

I’ve not seen that before, and my boss had just gone out. That is wery good. I think I shall be sending that link to a few people!
RW
Championship
Championship

Number of posts : 1047

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Thu Sep 10, 2009 3:36 pm

I doubt the truth in him allegedly being banned from betting Willy. He isn't psychic, and nor is anyone else. The horse racing situation was nothing more than a process of elimination. A large amount of race goers where approached prior to the race and the same thing was told to each one, exactly what was said in the final cut. The ones that actually didn't win were struck off the list. He simply played the odds, and narrowed down the numbers. The one person who managed to come through all of the races, was the one that was broadcast.

This lottery stuff is nonsense. You would have to be stupid to believe that he can predict the lottery. He didn't predict anything. He conned most of the general public, and provoked thought into the rest about how he managed to pull off the pretense that he had predicted the numbers. He clearly stated at the start that he could not show the public his numbers because of something to do with the BBC “It would be illegal if I showed my numbers because BBC have the right to broadcast it first”. That was the biggest cop out bag of shit I have ever heard. Supposing I post my predictions on this board, does that mean I will get arrested for breach of copyright? I think not.

He is a smarmy arrogant prick, who admittedly is very good at what he does but it doesn't work for all people. You have to realise that his entire audiences for his live shows are all pre-profiled individuals who are vulnerable to his impressive psychological know how. Most of what he does operates on the most basic of functions which is reverse psychology.

Back to top Go down

Post by RW on Thu Sep 10, 2009 3:47 pm

Diamond Dust wrote: You have to realise that his entire audiences for his live shows are all pre-profiled individuals who are vulnerable to his impressive psychological know how.

That's the only bit I disagree with DD.

I know a few people who've been to see him, and they wouldn't all fall into this category - some are just interested in magic. And that's what he does - tricks. Just admittedly, good ones.
RW
Championship
Championship

Number of posts : 1047

Back to top Go down

Post by arover on Thu Sep 10, 2009 3:57 pm

Very good that, stayed with it all the way through.
arover
Premiership
Premiership

Number of posts : 3649
Registration date : 2008-10-10

Back to top Go down

Post by African Rover on Thu Sep 10, 2009 4:31 pm

Diamond Dust wrote:He clearly stated at the start that he could not show the public his numbers because of something to do with the BBC “It would be illegal if I showed my numbers because BBC have the right to broadcast it first”. That was the biggest cop out bag of shit I have ever heard.

I disagree. He obviously has to go through all the legalities if he wants their co-operation. That seems fair to me. I'm not saying he did predict them but I'm also not saying that it's not possible cos if there's anything you should've learned from living in today's age, it's that impossible is temporary.

Diamond Dust wrote:Supposing I post my predictions on this board, does that mean I will get arrested for breach of copyright? I think not.

Completely different situation.
African Rover
Championship
Championship

Number of posts : 1005
Registration date : 2008-11-03

Back to top Go down

Post by rob_of_the_robots on Thu Sep 10, 2009 4:33 pm

A lot of his act is about showmanship. He has a good knowledge of psychology but it wouldn't work if he couldn't manipulate people as well. I'm just interested in how he performed the illusion

Champions League

Number of posts : 7840
Registration date : 2008-11-27

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Thu Sep 10, 2009 6:57 pm

African Rover wrote:
Diamond Dust wrote:He clearly stated at the start that he could not show the public his numbers because of something to do with the BBC “It would be illegal if I showed my numbers because BBC have the right to broadcast it first”. That was the biggest cop out bag of shit I have ever heard.

I disagree. He obviously has to go through all the legalities if he wants their co-operation. That seems fair to me. I'm not saying he did predict them but I'm also not saying that it's not possible cos if there's anything you should've learned from living in today's age, it's that impossible is temporary.

Diamond Dust wrote:Supposing I post my predictions on this board, does that mean I will get arrested for breach of copyright? I think not.

Completely different situation.

Balls. What is different?

Back to top Go down

Post by DodgyGambit on Thu Sep 10, 2009 8:24 pm

i worked out how he did it

il tell u guys on saturday

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Roverdamus on Thu Sep 10, 2009 8:31 pm

I also worked it out, but I'll be able to tell you at ten o'clock tomorrow night, TWO HOURS before Dodgy! Very Happy Wink
Roverdamus
Champions League
Champions League

Number of posts : 7821
Registration date : 2008-10-26

Back to top Go down

Post by arover on Fri Sep 11, 2009 8:12 am

I'm him so I know how he did it.

:face:
arover
Premiership
Premiership

Number of posts : 3649
Registration date : 2008-10-10

Back to top Go down

Post by StLedge on Fri Sep 11, 2009 8:14 am

What time/channel is the show on?
StLedge
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Fri Sep 11, 2009 9:31 am

Channel 4 - 9PM and then on again at 11.35PM

Back to top Go down

Post by DodgyGambit on Fri Sep 11, 2009 10:55 am

u wont be able to...cos brown wont reveal it

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Rover the Sea on Fri Sep 11, 2009 10:50 pm

What a load of "Cat wank"! EVERYthing was left open for his input, I mean why was he the one to work out the averages on this occasion only? He could quite easily have shown the 6 numbers to the 24 people before going on TV to prove the trick worked, but obviously the "slight of hand" happened after this point.

Premiership
Premiership

Number of posts : 3177
Registration date : 2008-11-19

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top