Fortress Ewood
Please Log In or Register to view the full content of the Forum, including latest Rovers news, other football news, Live Links to Rovers Matches, Streaming Movies and TV Shows etc.

Accepting bullshit!!!!!!!!

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Accepting bullshit!!!!!!!!

Post by Willy on Sat Sep 05, 2009 4:18 pm

Shit omelettes are on special offer at M&S in Burnley at the moment.

The crap roast dinners used to be good from there before they started using hedgehog crap instead of beaver crap.
Willy
Admin

Number of posts : 9875
Registration date : 2008-11-01

Back to top Go down

Post by OldhamRover on Sat Sep 05, 2009 4:30 pm

If there was something in the Tamiflu vaccine that would alter a person's state of mind or cause death then someone would notice. As far as I can see the means, motive and opportunity for mass murder don't exist in this instance.

Willy the Believer wrote:
For now, all we have is theory, but I happen to believe in it. Is that okay? Do I have an agenda, too?

You can believe what you want, it isn't my place to object to your beliefs, just the same as I won't stop anyone from believing in God, Allah, Santa Clause or any other mythical beings. I might have an opinion on those beliefs, but I'm only going to point out what I perceive to be flaws in the tapestry, as it were.

If you simply choose to believe someone's ideas privately then clearly you have no agenda. If you seek to convert others to your way of thinking then you either have your own agenda or you have become the instrument of someone else's agenda.

Personally, I have no idea what I believe, which is why some of my ideas are contradictory and incoherent. The day I come up with a personal manifesto I'll have to stop picking at other people's ideas and adopt the defence of my own, which is infinitely more difficult.
OldhamRover
Premiership
Premiership

Number of posts : 5445
Registration date : 2008-10-26

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sat Sep 05, 2009 4:32 pm

Hmmm there is an M&S round the corner from me here in leeds I wonder if they have a similar menu. Would have to get past a subway, mcdonalds and burger king without being tempted first thou

I'm just writing shit as trying to get to 500 posts so don't have to be orange anymore

Talking about conspiricies what up with the unexplained phenomenon on google today

Back to top Go down

Post by Willy on Sat Sep 05, 2009 4:46 pm

OldhamRover wrote:If there was something in the Tamiflu vaccine that would alter a person's state of mind or cause death then someone would notice. As far as I can see the means, motive and opportunity for mass murder don't exist in this instance.

Willy the Believer? wrote:
For now, all we have is theory, but I happen to believe in it. Is that okay? Do I have an agenda, too?

You can believe what you want, it isn't my place to object to your beliefs, just the same as I won't stop anyone from believing in God, Allah, Santa Clause or any other mythical beings. I might have an opinion on those beliefs, but I'm only going to point out what I perceive to be flaws in the tapestry, as it were.

If you simply choose to believe someone's ideas privately then clearly you have no agenda. If you seek to convert others to your way of thinking then you either have your own agenda or you have become the instrument of someone else's agenda.

Personally, I have no idea what I believe, which is why some of my ideas are contradictory and incoherent. The day I come up with a personal manifesto I'll have to stop picking at other people's ideas and adopt the defence of my own, which is infinitely more difficult.

Fair enough. Good post, that.
Willy
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sat Sep 05, 2009 5:02 pm

You know, I only think this deeply when I've had beer. There is a morbid sense of satisfaction from it. I think I'll go and crack one off and lighten up my day.

Back to top Go down

Post by Willy on Sat Sep 05, 2009 5:35 pm

I'm sore from that today. Sad
Willy
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by rob_of_the_robots on Sat Sep 05, 2009 8:54 pm

Here, have some more. :-bd :

EDIT: Rob try and find some shit that aint so big

Champions League

Number of posts : 7840
Registration date : 2008-11-27

Back to top Go down

Post by Willy on Sun Sep 06, 2009 2:02 am

Eh? That last post makes no sense to me at all. scratch
Willy
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by arover on Sun Sep 06, 2009 12:30 pm

I'm struggling with this thread as the link on the first post just appears as a load of jumbled letters and symbols for me.

I remember David Icke when he was a TV presenter and started wearing purple gear all the time. I admit I've never properly analysed what he's been saying latterly but I certainly thought he was a total fruit bat when he first started pontificating.

As for Rumsfeld, he's a very bad man and is clearly guilty of everything he's accused of and a lot that he's not.
arover
Premiership
Premiership

Number of posts : 3649
Registration date : 2008-10-10

Back to top Go down

Post by StLedge on Sun Sep 06, 2009 1:05 pm

Will, I had to edit it, because Rob posted a picture of a pile of shit, but the picture was too big, and was fucking up the the thread, picture is ok, but WAY to big!
StLedge
Admin

Number of posts : 10904
Registration date : 2008-10-06

Back to top Go down

Post by Willy on Sun Sep 06, 2009 5:35 pm

arover wrote:I'm struggling with this thread as the link on the first post just appears as a load of jumbled letters and symbols for me.

I remember David Icke when he was a TV presenter and started wearing purple gear all the time. I admit I've never properly analysed what he's been saying latterly but I certainly thought he was a total fruit bat when he first started pontificating.

As for Rumsfeld, he's a very bad man and is clearly guilty of everything he's accused of and a lot that he's not.

A few people I know, mainly my mother and father, remember Icke as the laughing stock on Wogan in the crap shellsuit. I asked them a while back, "you heard of David Icke? What do you think of him?" and they both replied "he's a fucking nutjob".

They've since changed their minds without any help from me. Icke makes a lot of sense, I reckon you'd like his stuff, arover. You seem to like a lot of the "life as we know it is a big con" kinda thing, much like I do (lawd, it sounds awfully depressing), but I reckon you'd dig a lot of what he says. His views on religion, global warming and American and English politics are particularly refreshing.
Willy
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by rob_of_the_robots on Sun Sep 06, 2009 10:12 pm

lol, didn't realise this thread went on for two pages before this one. Also, my bad with the picture, didn't realise it was that big.

Champions League

Number of posts : 7840
Registration date : 2008-11-27

Back to top Go down

Post by OldhamRover on Mon Sep 14, 2009 12:42 am

To pose the antithesis to the original direction of this thread: Why do so many people choose to believe conspiracy theories when there is a simple explanation that is usually more plausible than the concoctions of nutjobs?

Anything that causes severe trauma to the general population has an 'alternative explanation' offered by someone, but they always rely on isolated facts or using information out of context. How many of these theories are more credible than the official line?

Do these theories come from a need to make sense of events that people don't completely comprehend? Do people find solace in the idea that the world is out to get them? Or are people looking for a story that is more interesting than the truth?

An example; for a lot of people it is easier to believe that America inflicted 9/11 upon itself rather than accept that 19 hijackers could cause such devastation, and for others it is preferable to believe that this was an act of betrayal rather than an expression of how much the world at large hates 'Americanised' society.

Those on this board who regard the facts given to us by governmental organisations with suspicion, why do you accept so much bullshit rather than accepting what is more obvious?
OldhamRover
Premiership
Premiership

Number of posts : 5445
Registration date : 2008-10-26

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top