Fortress Ewood
Please Log In or Register to view the full content of the Forum, including latest Rovers news, other football news, Live Links to Rovers Matches, Streaming Movies and TV Shows etc.

RW's moaning thread

Page 3 of 23 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 13 ... 23  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: RW's moaning thread

Post by OldhamRover on Wed Apr 01, 2009 11:19 pm

Having just seen an advert by The Sun asking for the public to give money to "Our Boys" a fuse inside me has once again been lit and I wonder what exactly qualifies soldiers as "heroes", and even more about why I should feel compelled to give them money. I never asked them to go to Iraq or Afghanistan, and I would probably feel safer if they hadn't bothered than I do now, yet through taxes we all pay their wages, regardless of our opinions on the wars they fight. Why should I hand over more cash?

How about educating them about the cause they're fighting for before you give them an M-16 and send them half way round the world to fight in a country they've never heard of. If they understand the values that are at stake (primarily that of Brent crude I should think) and they know the risks involved then let them go and earn the respect of the nation, but without those factors they're stupid more than brave.

There's a good chance some of you will disagree quite strongly here, but I'm sick of having patriotism and "the values of Western civilisation" shoved down my throat by the media. Yes, it is a shame that members of the armed forces are dying or suffering serious injury, but why should I face the insufferable appeals for sympathy when they're blindly following orders to fight a war that doesn't serve the interests of most people in the nation they supposedly sacrifice themselves for? The soldiers are the only people in war-torn cities that choose to be there and they'll be the ones who come home to a normal life afterwards, so what makes them braver than the civilians or even the "enemy" forces?
OldhamRover
Premiership
Premiership

Number of posts : 5445
Registration date : 2008-10-26

Back to top Go down

Post by DodgyGambit on Thu Apr 02, 2009 9:00 am

kind of agree with u OR on some level. The biggest protest march in the UK took place in London urging the prime minister not to go to war in Iraq, did they listen? No. Were peeps correct to march? Yes. Now if the government don't listen to majority of the people why should we hand them money over in taxes, pay for their salaries and expenses which include watching xxx movies. I think members of the army should be called brave not heroes. They went to represent their country and put their lives on the line.

OR you werent one of those peeps that protested on the homecoming of soldiers were ya? Do u reckon they were correct to call soldiers baby murderers?

Admin

Number of posts : 5618
Registration date : 2008-10-06

http://fortressewood.forumsmotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by OldhamRover on Thu Apr 02, 2009 1:09 pm

I wouldn't go as far as calling them baby murderers because as far as I'm aware it isn't the policy of the British army to shoot infants. The only problem I have with the people in the armed forces is that their job entails executinng the will of their masters rather than protecting the interests of the nation, and recently what the Ministry of Defence want and what is in the best interests of the rest of the population haven't matched up.

I know guys in the army and most of them don't have a clue why they're fighting. They seem to be under the impression that they've been fighting al-Qa'eda because the world is neatly divided up into good vs. evil so we have to fight them.
OldhamRover
Premiership
Premiership

Back to top Go down

Post by DeadlyRovers on Mon Apr 06, 2009 11:21 pm

I cannot fucking believe that Rileys has gone bust. For those who don't know Rileys is a snooker company which has many outlets all over. Well anyroad they have had financial problems and have had to find new buyers. But the thing that pisses me off is this. 'All other rileys clubs will still be open around the country, however we are sorry to announce that the Blackburn branch has closed down'. Fucking twats why close down only the Blackburn snooker club. I hardly played at rileys to be honest. I play at John's snooker club (those from Blackburn may know of it). But now John, seeing as all Rileys customers will come flocking to his place has increased the prices like a dickhead, and i don't mean slightly they have have bloody shot up meaning that i will struggle to play during lunchtimes at colleges.

I play on the pro table:

Price before: £4.00 an hour
Price now: £5.50 an hour

On weekends it is £6.50 an hour.

All down to rileys going bust Mad

Snooker-The beautiful game.
DeadlyRovers
Premiership
Premiership

Number of posts : 3966

Back to top Go down

Post by DodgyGambit on Tue Apr 07, 2009 9:51 am

you might as well give up DR you were a load crap at snooker, your just saving youself extra cash and extra time to revise for your maths gcse resits

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by DeadlyRovers on Tue Apr 07, 2009 1:24 pm

I'm going to discuss some sort of discount with them. I have given them so much business over the last few years the cunts.

DeadlyRovers
Premiership
Premiership

Back to top Go down

Post by DodgyGambit on Tue Apr 07, 2009 1:41 pm

YES YOU HAVE MADE THEM GOOD BUSINESS IN BEING A COMEDY ACT, AS WELL AS MAKING ALL NEWBIES TO THE SPORT FEEL LIKE PROFESSIONALS AFTER THEY WATCH U PLAY

apologies for the caps, cant be arsed to delete and retype again

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Tue Apr 07, 2009 3:06 pm

YOU GOT THAT FAR INTO A SENTENCE AND MANAGED TO FINISH IT BEFORE REALISING THAT YOU HAD TYPED IT ALL IN CAPITALS?

Fuck me Dodgy, do you insist on staring at the keyboard when you type? Can't remember where the keys are can you? Huh huh?

Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by Willy on Tue Apr 07, 2009 3:15 pm

I was thinking the same thing. Keyboard spazzes always look at the thing while they type.

Not everyone can type 120 words per-minute like us, though. Give the dude a break. Laughing
Willy
Admin

Number of posts : 9875
Registration date : 2008-11-01

Back to top Go down

Post by rob_of_the_robots on Tue Apr 07, 2009 3:18 pm

I tend to half and half it. Most of the time I'm looking at the screen but I occasionally look at the keyboard to find that difficult hidden letter.

Champions League

Number of posts : 7840
Registration date : 2008-11-27

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Tue Apr 07, 2009 3:24 pm

Willy wrote:Not everyone can type 120 words per-minute like us, though. Give the dude a break. Laughing

Funny thing is though, you jest about that and I don't.

Back to top Go down

Post by DodgyGambit on Tue Apr 07, 2009 3:28 pm

i was halfway through the sentence before i realised it....i thought fuck it let it seem like im shouting

and yes i have to check what keys im typing in...

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Willy on Tue Apr 07, 2009 3:31 pm

To be honest, if I'm using a keyboard other than the one I'm used to (my laptop), then I do struggle. Desktop keyboards have really chunky keys that you have to press like there's no tomorrow. Laptop keyboards are much nicer to use.
Willy
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Roverdamus on Tue Apr 07, 2009 3:33 pm

I'm the other way round, Willy. I like desktop keyboards, but I always end up pressing the wrong keys on laptops. It does my nut in.
Roverdamus
Champions League
Champions League

Number of posts : 7821

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Tue Apr 07, 2009 3:33 pm

It's ok Dodgy, we still love you.

Back to top Go down

Post by Willy on Tue Apr 07, 2009 3:59 pm

Roverdamus wrote:I'm the other way round, Willy. I like desktop keyboards, but I always end up pressing the wrong keys on laptops. It does my nut in.

Nah, my fingers get achey when I use desktop keyboards too much. Feels like using a typewriter with the way you have to press the keys in. Mad

My laptop has started to lose colour on the keys and the mousepad. It's all shiny where I've furiously typed posts on here, looks like a right mess.
Willy
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by DodgyGambit on Tue Apr 07, 2009 4:08 pm

which brings me onto why do they use typewriters on The Wire? Do they not have a PC and printer

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by DeadlyRovers on Thu Apr 16, 2009 5:19 pm

Half full packets of crisps. What the fuck is that about? Bastards round my end charge 40p a packet, don't know if that's the going rate everywhere else, and it's bloody half full. Rip off bastards it's been happening for the last week and a bit with my favourite crinkle cut crisps. Which bellends pack these or is it machine filled? They deserve :wwe:

DeadlyRovers
Premiership
Premiership

Back to top Go down

Post by DeadlyRovers on Thu Apr 16, 2009 5:34 pm

Ever since Rileys went bust which my made my snooker club go shit i have gone shit too. I really am struggling for form at the moment. I know dodgy will charge in here with 'you are shit anyway'. But whereas before i used to play everyday i am now having to play weekly, usually every friday. I was atrocious the last 2 times, really lacking in confidence, don't know what has happened pale . Going to play footy tomorrow night so going to miss out on snooker again. Damn :bash:

DeadlyRovers
Premiership
Premiership

Back to top Go down

Post by StLedge on Thu Apr 16, 2009 5:37 pm

DeadlyRovers wrote:Half full packets of crisps. What the fuck is that about? Bastards round my end charge 40p a packet, don't know if that's the going rate everywhere else, and it's bloody half full. Rip off bastards it's been happening for the last week and a bit with my favourite crinkle cut crisps. Which bellends pack these or is it machine filled? They deserve :wwe:

But DR you are seeing these packets as half full, and not half empty, this is a good thing meaning you are being optimistic/contented/happy, not something to moan about is it...
StLedge
Admin

Number of posts : 10904

Back to top Go down

Post by Willy on Thu Apr 16, 2009 8:45 pm

DeadlyRovers wrote:Which bellends pack these or is it machine filled?

10/10 for using the word "bellends" in a post. : applause :

On the subject of the bags being half-full, it's fookin' scandalous. Maybe the air inside is special and they just aren't telling us.
Willy
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by OldhamRover on Thu Apr 16, 2009 8:49 pm

Strictly speaking it isn't air inside a crisp packet, they put nitrogen in there to stop them going stale before they get to the consumer.
OldhamRover
Premiership
Premiership

Back to top Go down

Post by Roverdamus on Thu Apr 16, 2009 8:51 pm

OldhamRover wrote:Strictly speaking it isn't air inside a crisp packet, they put nitrogen in there to stop them going stale before they get to the consumer.

How did you find that out?
Roverdamus
Champions League
Champions League

Back to top Go down

Post by OldhamRover on Thu Apr 16, 2009 8:52 pm

I just remember the most pointless shit that I ever learn from books, TV, etc.
OldhamRover
Premiership
Premiership

Back to top Go down

Post by Roverdamus on Tue Apr 21, 2009 12:15 am

People who repeat the same jokish insults over and over again. Things like 'Liam wants to shag *insert name of fat ugly slag*'. Or 'Hey, that looks like Liam!", after finding a picture of some 70 year old woman with glasses. They're amusing the first time, but when people just relentlessly go on and on for ages because they think they're clever, it just becomes tedious and annoying. There seem to be loads of people that are like that. I want to fucking :bash: them Mad.

Last edited by Roverdamus on Tue Apr 21, 2009 12:26 am; edited 1 time in total
Roverdamus
Champions League
Champions League

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 23 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 13 ... 23  Next