Fortress Ewood
Please Log In or Register to view the full content of the Forum, including latest Rovers news, other football news, Live Links to Rovers Matches, Streaming Movies and TV Shows etc.

RW's moaning thread

Page 6 of 23 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 14 ... 23  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: RW's moaning thread

Post by BlueCabbage on Fri May 15, 2009 3:54 pm

Que?

BlueCabbage
Sunday League
Sunday League

Number of posts : 51
Registration date : 2008-10-09

Back to top Go down

Post by rob_of_the_robots on Fri May 15, 2009 4:00 pm

RW wrote:Amber is a recommendation. Nothing more. Nothing less.

I took it that he meant to go through just on Amber and not red or green.

Champions League

Number of posts : 7840
Registration date : 2008-11-27

Back to top Go down

Post by BlueCabbage on Fri May 15, 2009 4:16 pm

I know was just being silly

:joker:

BlueCabbage
Sunday League
Sunday League

Number of posts : 51
Registration date : 2008-10-09

Back to top Go down

Post by Willy on Fri May 22, 2009 12:05 pm

Okay, wasn't sure whether to post this or not because I could risk confirmation of my cuntness, in all honesty. But here goes anyway...

I noticed a group on Facebook that quite a lot of my friends were a part of. By its name alone I knew what it was and I was pretty put off just by that, but I clicked on it and I was disgusted and I feel almost like I'm wrong for feeling that way.

Basically, the group is called "R.I.P. (the person's name) WE MISS YOU!!". Even before I'd clicked on it I felt "erm, that's surely more DISRESPECTFUL than respectful", anyway, I clicked on it and there's a picture of this girl holding a WKD in her hand and looking just as pissed as I remember her always being. The thing is, the circumstances in which this girl died weren't the usual 'run over by a car' or 'died in a car crash', this girl committed suicide THREE WEEKS after her boyfriend committed suicide and this is with two very young children. Now, I know a few people who've committed suicide (I'm from Burnley, it's very common) and I'm not one of these people who takes the attitude of "it's such a cowardly act, they're going to hell, blah, blah...", but this girl had two very young children and their father had just hung himself and instead of being strong for her kids she decides to go and do the same thing to herself. Sure, I can accept that it must have been awful for her to go through the death of her boyfriend, but to go and do the exact same thing three weeks later? That's where I actually heard myself saying in my head "that's so cowardly".

Now, the problem I have (apart from the above, which I feel bad enough about) is that this group on Facebook has about 60 or 70 of my friends in it and I keep getting requests to join it because I knew her from school. I didn't talk to her, I saw her since I LEFT school in 2001 and she didn't recognise me. I was actually serving her one of her precious WKDs in a bar I used to work in, and she had no idea who I was. Why should I join a group that I, a) think is more disrespectful than anything? b) I hardly knew the girl. Sure, I went to the same school as her for five years, but I didn't knock about with her?, and c) I feel like how she 'passed away' as these people put it, was a cowardly, selfish act considering she had two kids?

I looked at some of the messages on the messageboard part of the group and the first one said something like, "i miss ya so much luv, whenever i hear basshunter 'when ur gone' i start cryin coz the words are exactly what happened innit". It made me feel fucking sick reading it, not to mention angry, disgusted and ashamed. Then I start to get the guilty feelings because I'm thinking, "I don't actually give a flying fuck that this girl is dead, I have more things to worry about", and then I think about how selfish THAT sounds and I'm judging a dead person for being selfish in their last moments.

I just think the whole thing stinks. The fact that the group exists in the first place, you know, like it fucking matters that it's there. The fact that the picture of the girl as the group profile is her drinking a WKD, like that's how she'd want to be remembered, and the fact that the sort of people leaving messages on there choose 'Basshunter - Now You're Gone' as some sort of funeral song for the girl.

Am I a really terrible person for thinking this way, or is it normal? You tell me.
Willy
Admin

Number of posts : 9875
Registration date : 2008-11-01

Back to top Go down

Post by StLedge on Fri May 22, 2009 12:37 pm

Are you thinking more about the fact that she died the way she did, leaving 2 small kids, or the fact the a Facebook group has been started to remember her by?

Its hard to know what goes through the mind of someone in the last moments before they kill themselves, she 'lost' the man she loved, and for all we know she could have loved this guy more than anyone of us has ever loved anyone before, she couldn't stand to be without him! The children situation is what makes it stand out, they will grow up knowing their parent killed themselves, and depending on how they are raised will grow up to think they would rather die then be their parents (it can happen).

The facebook group, for me, seems to be a way for her 'friends' to show others they know someone that has died, and to join a group because they want to be a part of something. The group shows what kind of people she called friends, but friends they were, and if thats how they wish to remember her, then let them, you dont need to be anywhere near.
StLedge
Admin

Number of posts : 10904
Registration date : 2008-10-06

Back to top Go down

Post by Willy on Fri May 22, 2009 12:50 pm

I just think it's pathetic how so many people who I know personally didn't even know this girl, they knew her like I knew her - hardly at all. I just think people LOVE the drama of it all, they love the soap-opera lifestyle and I think it's sick that they choose to 'remember' someone who they hardly fucking knew. I totally refuse to be a part of it but I'm constantly told "you're well shady, why don't you just join??!!". It's not like I've aired my feelings about it to anyone like I've aired them on here, I daren't.

I do understand that there'll be genuine friends of hers who want to remember her, but most of them just love the friggin' drama/gossip factor, and that's what really pisses me off.
Willy
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by StLedge on Fri May 22, 2009 12:58 pm

I have to say that people calling you 'shady' for not joining is pathetic, as you say, most of the people were just an acquaintance who loves the fact they can be a part of something, the drama as you put it. Let them be, I dont think you are a 'cunt' for not joining.

You would however be a cunt if you were to join the group, mention that she killed herself and left 2 children, WHAT ABOUT THEM!! (Just a hint thought)
StLedge
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by OldhamRover on Mon Jun 22, 2009 5:14 pm

Why is that either sofas are too big or doorways are made too small? By the time I've wrestled my furniture into the correct room I'm more inclined to go lie in bed and lick my wounds. The walls and door jamb were white but are now adorned with patches of black where the sofa scraped through. As a result of the tussle an interior door is now also warped to fuck and refuses to close, so that creates more work and I'm beginning to think it wasn't worth it.

While I'm here, why does my neighbour think it's appropriate to play his fucking banjo at 6am every day? And what could he have been doing for the past 2 years that requires him to use a hammer every single day? I'm quite sure that if his house needed such extensive work he should have called in professionals, but instead on the occasions I'm able to sleep through his music I'm disturbed by his DIY antics. I hate neighbours.
OldhamRover
Premiership
Premiership

Number of posts : 5445
Registration date : 2008-10-26

Back to top Go down

Post by Roverdamus on Mon Jun 22, 2009 5:17 pm

OldhamRover wrote:I hate neighbours.

Neighbours is nearly as good as Eastenders.

And Eastenders is shit BTW IMHO FYI.
Roverdamus
Champions League
Champions League

Number of posts : 7821

Back to top Go down

Post by OldhamRover on Mon Jun 22, 2009 5:25 pm

Not what I meant, but for the record I hate Neighbours, Hollyoaks, Eastenders, Emmerdale, Coronation Street, The Royal, Heartbeat, The Bill, Casualty, Holby City, Doctors, Wild At Heart and just about any other soap you care to name.
OldhamRover
Premiership
Premiership

Back to top Go down

Post by RW on Mon Jun 22, 2009 5:30 pm

Imperial Leather? Dove?
RW
Championship
Championship

Number of posts : 1047

Back to top Go down

Post by Roverdamus on Mon Jun 22, 2009 5:33 pm

Leather? Sofas?
Roverdamus
Champions League
Champions League

Back to top Go down

Post by OldhamRover on Mon Jun 22, 2009 5:43 pm

RW wrote:Imperial Leather? Dove?

Did I mention how much I loathe incredibly facetious individuals?
OldhamRover
Premiership
Premiership

Back to top Go down

Post by Willy on Mon Jun 22, 2009 6:04 pm

OldhamRover wrote:Did I mention how much I lather in incredible facial products?

Ultimate fix.
Willy
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Roverdamus on Mon Jun 22, 2009 6:06 pm

Willy wrote:
OldhamRover wrote:Did I mention how much I lather in incredible facial products?

Ultimate fix.

lol!
Roverdamus
Champions League
Champions League

Back to top Go down

Post by OldhamRover on Mon Jun 22, 2009 6:08 pm

That might have had a different result if I didn't use a few skin care products. It's important to take care of your appearance, even if it does make the women in certain shops assume I'm gay.
OldhamRover
Premiership
Premiership

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Mon Jun 22, 2009 6:46 pm

I believe in taking care of myself, in a balanced diet, in a rigorous exercise routine. In the morning, if my face is a little puffy, I'll put on an ice pack while doing my stomach crunches. I can do a thousand now.

After I remove the icepack, I use a deep pore-cleanser lotion. In the shower, I use a water-activated gel cleanser, then a honey-almond body scrub, and on the face an exfoliating gel scrub. Then I apply an herb mint facial masque which I leave on for ten minutes while I prepare the rest of my routine.

I always use an after-shave lotion with little or no alcohol because alcohol dries your face out and makes you look older. Then moisturizer, then an anti-aging eye balm, followed by a final moisturizing "protective" lotion...

There is an idea of a Andrew Wilsonn, some kind of abstraction, but there is no real me, only an entity, something illusory, and though I can hide my cold gaze and you can shake my hand and feel flesh gripping you and maybe you can even sense our lifestyles are probably comparable: I simply am not there.

Back to top Go down

Post by DeadlyRovers on Wed Jun 24, 2009 2:15 pm

Fucking tossers on gamesdesire pool they really are. They invite you to a game, then when you join their table and click 'start game' they decline the offer of a game. WHY THE FUCK DID YOU INVITE ME TO THE TABLE IN THE FIRST PLACE??? It has happened about 7 times in the last 2 days.

Snooker-The beautiful game.
DeadlyRovers
Premiership
Premiership

Number of posts : 3966

Back to top Go down

Post by RW on Wed Jun 24, 2009 2:22 pm

wilsbowski wrote:I believe in taking care of myself, in a balanced diet, in a rigorous exercise routine. In the morning, if my face is a little puffy, I'll put on an ice pack while doing my stomach crunches. I can do a thousand now.

After I remove the icepack, I use a deep pore-cleanser lotion. In the shower, I use a water-activated gel cleanser, then a honey-almond body scrub, and on the face an exfoliating gel scrub. Then I apply an herb mint facial masque which I leave on for ten minutes while I prepare the rest of my routine.

I always use an after-shave lotion with little or no alcohol because alcohol dries your face out and makes you look older. Then moisturizer, then an anti-aging eye balm, followed by a final moisturizing "protective" lotion...

There is an idea of a Andrew Wilsonn, some kind of abstraction, but there is no real me, only an entity, something illusory, and though I can hide my cold gaze and you can shake my hand and feel flesh gripping you and maybe you can even sense our lifestyles are probably comparable: I simply am not there.

Hey Wilbowski, do you like Huey Lewis and the News?
RW
Championship
Championship

Back to top Go down

Post by DodgyGambit on Thu Jul 02, 2009 1:34 pm

Its summer, kids arent at school whether its the holidays or whether its swine flu, clearing up traffic on the road, do i get to work any earlier? nope

cos its during this period when the councils decide road works need doing with the occasional , 'this road will be closed for 12 weeks' sign. I normal car trip from home to work takes 15minutes, there are now 3 roads that are closed on route to my job and i have to take diversions it now takes me 1hour 13minutes to get to work. Why dont i leave earlier...tried that i left home an hour earlier and i get to work waaaay to early, there is no middle ground ur either very early or very very late

Admin

Number of posts : 5618

http://fortressewood.forumsmotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by DodgyGambit on Thu Jul 02, 2009 1:35 pm

i blame the council and the people who design roads, make the road signs and road markings etc....all of them are wankers

Admin

Number of posts : 5618

http://fortressewood.forumsmotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by StLedge on Thu Jul 02, 2009 1:42 pm

DodgyGambit wrote:i blame the council and the people who design roads, make the road signs and road markings etc....all of them are wankers

Its those Civil Engineers that cause the problems, shame you dont know any of those fuc................oh!
StLedge
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by RW on Thu Jul 02, 2009 1:52 pm

Bite me :-@ :
RW
Championship
Championship

Back to top Go down

Post by rob_of_the_robots on Thu Jul 02, 2009 1:54 pm

That is a really annoying saying RW. I don't even understand what people are trying to say when they say that. confused

Champions League

Number of posts : 7840
Registration date : 2008-11-27

Back to top Go down

Post by Rovers Girl on Wed Jul 29, 2009 1:29 pm

My laptops been taken off mee!! Mad
Can't go on any websites from the computer as it's got parental control's on! Sad
Rovers Girl
League Two
League Two

Number of posts : 637
Registration date : 2008-10-25

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 23 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 14 ... 23  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top